Dead Dimension

Started by Postmodern Adventures, Sat 16/05/2020 11:00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Dimension is a short adventure that can be played through in one sitting. Spanish only.

It is the year 2169, and humankind has conquered the galaxies. Manned trips to space have reached far beyond imagination.
Unfortunately, it’s been found that extraterrestrial lifeforms are non-existing. The space race has now lost its purpose.
However, all efforts have now been put towards a new unexplored universe: hidden dimensions.
Peter Travers, a prison inmate who has signed up for NASA’s interdimensional Exploration program in exchange for a sentence reduction, must now carry out a very simple task:
to traverse the first inter dimensional portal and repair it from the other side.

Download:

Kastchey

Sounds interesting, any plans for English translation?

Vincent

Congrats for the releasing, the graphics looks really much intriguing but unfortunately I can't understand spanish at all.

Jack

Beautiful and intriguing. But, no habla.

Mandle

Quote from: Vincent on Sat 16/05/2020 14:51:00
Congrats for the releasing, the graphics looks really much intriguing but unfortunately I can't understand spanish at all.

Me neither. Thought I gotta admit I find the upside-down question marks in front of questioning dialog very charming. With the normal question mark at the end it really makes me feel the character wants to know the answer no matter what!

Tampere

I have been playing a few minutes of this and it is fantastic, GUI is friendly (much friendlier than a plain text game) and the animations are superb and scary and add depth to the game.
Excellent job Postmodern!

Vincent

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 16/05/2020 15:40:04
Me neither. Thought I gotta admit I find the upside-down question marks in front of questioning dialog very charming. With the normal question mark at the end it really makes me feel the character wants to know the answer no matter what!

Totally agreed, I hope someone will be willing to do a translation into English.

I known that the lack of an english translation is a big barrier for everyone here, but unfortunately i can't afford one.
I show these games in the forum for the Spanish players and of course, everyone who wants to take a look out for curiosity.
Anyway, thanks for the comments and feels about the game!

Kastchey

You can always try starting a recruitment thread here, there might be someone willing to translate the content free of charge.

Pogwizd

I've just finished playing the game. It was quite an effort for my rusty Spanish but I think I got the gist of the story. I loved the art-style and the overall ambient of the game. My only complaint, though, would be the limited number of puzzles, as it's more of a graphic novel rather than a puzzle game (which is not a bad thing, it's just I was hoping for more brain-teasers). Nevertheless, it was a really nice experience :)

EDIT:
Actually, one more thing:
Spoiler
I know that the torch is necessary to defeat the monster, but I was able to make it before I even went to the coach with the monster. My point is, it took me a while to try to use the lit torch to open the door leading to the monster.
[close]

BarbWire

Hi Pogwizd

My Spanish isn't only rusty, it is non-existent. Which is unfortunate because I would
love to give this game a go.

If you are looking for a game with plenty of puzzle solving, I would suggest Tales of Jayvin.
This game has a bit of everything, but is not for the complete a game in five minutes player.

The Lost Prince of Lorden is pure adventure and The Decorcist is platform/adventure.

Glad you enjoyed the game, Pogwizd. True, the game is more focused on the plot. The concept of Dead Dimension is to tell a story in a sort of a visual novel kind of thing to play in a half and hour more o less. I´ve put some puzzles on it because, well, i love puzzles.

Spoiler
As for the torch... It´s a flexible inventary object. You still wear the iron bar on it if you want to open the door. None of the testers got stuck in that part. But i understand you, maybe the same thing happened to me if it wasn´t my game.  We are not used to the fact that once two objects are combined, the result have multiple uses.
[close]

Pogwizd

Spoiler

Oh, I totally get the idea of reusing certain inventory items as well as that the torch was partially made up of the iron bar. It's just the fact that if you happen to light the torch first, then it is not your first choice when it comes to unlocking a door.

Anyway, I don't want to be misunderstood - I did find that one puzzle a little bit confusing but apart from that I really loved your game :)
[close]

Spoiler
Peters Travers is a though guy. He can open the door with that torch without burning himself.  :wink: But, you're right. It isn't the first choice once you light the torch.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk