The War At Home - Animated War Drama Series

Started by lew82, Tue 19/05/2020 08:54:04

Previous topic - Next topic

lew82

Hi folks,

Not exactly a game, this is an animated series I've been working on for a few years, am making 7x 10min episodes as a first season, and have finally got a proper trailer together, would love feedback.

heltenjon

This animated series looks great if you're interested in military operations and weapons. It's hard to tell from the trailer or the first episode whether the story and characters make the show worthwhile in the long run, but there is good voice work here, authentic-sounding dialogue, and it's nice to see different perspectives of an imagined Soviet attack. The details of planes, ships and the likes are impressive. If you're not a military buff, then I guess this is not the series I'd recommend. This is the armed forces' view, which means fewer female characters, lots of explosions and battle scenes with many moving parts and loud music playing. 

To sum up: It's really well made, but it won't appeal to everybody.

Crimson Wizard

I will just say one random thing, I strongly hate it when they add strobe effects into trailers, like you have around 1:53 - 1:57. I could never understand what's the point, it looks completely unnecessary and it leaves my eyes hurt and my brain irritated.

Jack

That is a really cool idea. Great voice acting too.

It looks like a ton of work.

Which engine are you using?

Mandle

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 19/06/2020 02:44:59
I will just say one random thing, I strongly hate it when they add strobe effects into trailers, like you have around 1:53 - 1:57. I could never understand what's the point, it looks completely unnecessary and it leaves my eyes hurt and my brain irritated.

I think it's to hit the building dramatic beats in the music, but usually it's done with the title zooming in during the quick cuts instead of just cutting to black.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk