multiple object interface help

Started by Jojowl80, Wed 27/05/2020 02:09:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Quote from: Jojowl80 on Thu 28/05/2020 01:34:03the problem was I had the same name *hComputerscreen* for both the hotspot and the object, but for some reason it didnt give me the warning message that it was used elsewhere.

Not possible; you will always get an error message  like "Variable 'hComputerscreen' is already defined" in _AutoGenerated.ash if you try to save your game like that.
Maybe you've entered the same name as Name and Description? But the latter isn't reflected in your script in that case.

Regarding the other problem I'm guessing you accidentally removed an object too many, and when re-adding the screen object, it ended up being object #0 or something? Anyway, you can avoid that problem if you name the objects (like oComputerScreen) then use that in the room script instead of the global array to access them.

As for the original problem, it sounds like you never clicked the hotspot in the first place (the function is linked but was never called, so clearly the hotspot wasn't clicked). One explanation is that you didn't actually draw a hotspot (but, say, a walkable area) and where clicking an area without a hotspot, another explanation is that the hotspot was covered by an object.
Provided you have entered a Description for your Hotspots and Objects, hovering them will show that Description in the Thumbleweed template's action bar. That way you will always know what you're going to click.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk