Character Art - Sexy Infected Lifeguard

Started by The Great Underground Empire, Sun 27/12/2020 21:23:21

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Underground Empire

Hi all!  I'm trying a new art style for a new game in planning, Not My First Apocalypse: Superspreader.

I've never tried shading my flat cartoon work before, so I welcome advice on shading and balancing the colors, etc.  Background is just a test shot to see if she works in a dark room with a pool.  General character style is an imitation of Shag, and the whole game will have a similar retro/lineless art style.

The lifeguard is green and spotted because a disease called "the Spread" is sweeping New Atrocity - victims turn into green, super-sexy versions of themselves, mate with the nearest available partner to infect them, then disappear.

Thanks for your help!

Mandle

Torso looks a bit too long to my eye and the hips look too compact vertically. Maybe round the hips upwards a bit more, thus lifting the waistline.

Unless that was the cartoon style you were going for and will remain consistent across all characters.

Thanks!  It'll definitely be consistent across characters - I'm tracing shapes from Shag's work, then modifying to suit the character in a way that'll let me do easy rigs in After Effects. The main reason I thought of him was his non-existent knees, so I wouldn't have to match colors and shading on a separate calf part below the thigh part, for instance.

I do get a little weirded out at how tall he makes shoulders and upper chests above necklines. :)

TheFrighter

I'm not sure about the feet, looks a little short... but it's just my impression.

_

Oop, good point, I missed that!  Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk