Running the AGS Editor under Linux

Started by selmiak, Mon 01/06/2020 02:35:11

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I made this Explanatory video with the help of eri0o and morganw, hope it helps you too.
If you know it better and I made some bad mistakes, please let me know and be as precise as possible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0EWSkol50

if this thread does not fit in advanced tech, please move it where it belongs.

eri0o

A lot of times I have a similar question of where to post technical things that are not questions but more new stuff, like this.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 24/06/2020 01:54:31
A lot of times I have a similar question of where to post technical things that are not questions but more new stuff, like this.

There's AGS Wiki, but no idea if anyone reads it.

eri0o

QuoteThere's AGS Wiki, but no idea if anyone reads it.

I used to have problems to writing there, but it seems it was fixed now and I think it's working for me now, so sounds good!  (nod)

@selmiak, I had another idea of thing to do that works great in the GNOME desktop environment:

1. Remove auto capture of keyboard from Virtual Box -> https://askubuntu.com/questions/36445/switching-by-hotkeys-between-workspaces-with-virtualbox-instance
2. Add workspace switching shortcuts, I like ctrl+alt+1, ctrl+alt+2, ctrl+alt+3 and ctrl+alt+4 for workspaces 1-4.
Spoiler
[close]
3. Place the virtualbox instance maximized in a workspace of it's own. There are multiple ways, one of them is right clicking the title bar of the virtualbox window and selecting "Move to Workspace Down".

Now you can easily switch between the Windows and Ubuntu workspaces.  :-D This works even with the VM in fullscreen in one workspace, which makes reaaally comfortable to maximize screen space.  8-)

Spoiler
[close]

Additional note, depending on the version of mutter in your system clipboard may be broken, using Cinnamon DE instead fixes this - until Mutter fixes the bug there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk