Unsure how to ask

Started by spike2k8, Sun 31/05/2020 19:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

spike2k8

Hi. I'm unsure how to ask what I'm looking for or what to type to search but basically, when I press quit or pause the game I'm creating, I get the button for the option I want on 1 side of screen but the txt for it isn't inside the button but next to it and overlapping the next button. How and where would I rectify this or where can i find this info as I'm assuming it's been asked at some point. It's kinda like a resize problem I think. Iv spent a good few hrs searching around ags looking for something that maybe what i meed but nothing is sticking out. I'm brand new to this so my scripting knowledge is practically nil. Very much learning.

Cassiebsg

I'm assuming you're using the default built in grey, that comes up when you press QuitGame(1)? If not then please do give more details, like what template you're using and how you call the quit/pause GUI.

You can't really change the default built in grey window that comes up when using QuitGame(0). Only way to fix it is using a font that fits the text in the buttons.

The best option is to create your own quit GUI, like gQuit, then call qQuit.Visible=true;
In this GUI you then add 2 buttons and a label. Type on the label "Do you really want to quit?" and then on the buttons: NO and YES.
When click in NO, just use gQuit.Visible=false;
And on the YES use QuitGame(0);
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

spike2k8

Sorry, I forgot to mention which template. I'm using BASS. Iv been exploring Google n came across a tutorial by Spacehistorian (fmv 1 which is what I'm after now as my graphic design is that of a 2 year old lol) and have used that as a template clearing all the rooms/scripts etc in order to do my own. In order to quit I just click the quit button but even using that as a template it's still not as it should b. I prob will go for the option of creating my own quit gui tho I think. Thank you for your help

Cassiebsg

The BASS template uses a GUI called gInventoryBar. You can check the text and buttons there.
Don't know that tutorial, sorry.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Intense Degree

Do you mean something like this?

If so, what resolution is your game? The default GUIs are at 320x200 resolution I think, but if you change your resolution (above the game resolution is at 640 x 400) then although the GUI will re-size to accommodate, the background images for the GUI remain as they were (drawn for 320) so it looks like the above.

Or perhaps I've misunderstood?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk