MAGS June "Outside" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Tue 02/06/2020 16:54:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Just the one entry. Thanks to Slasher for keeping us just alive. Perceptions is the Winner of MAGS June.

Outside
Topic chosen by IntenseDegree.
Deadline June 30.

Maybe it's outside generally in the great outdoors and the wonders of nature...

Maybe it's outside in the city, or outside something specific...

Maybe you don't want to be outside...

... or maybe it's a different kind of outside entirely.

Need a little help with graphics? Perhaps The AGS Trove has something you can use.
Don't want to go it alone? Try the Recruitment board.

What is MAGS?
Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules
Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualize your game following the month's criteria (see above). Second, create your game fuelled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

* A working download link
* The title of your game
* A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fourteen days, and the winner chooses the next month's theme.

VampireWombat

The outside is a lie! Which actually might be a theme I'll use. I'm going to at least make an attempt at a game this month anyway. I've learned a few things the past couple of months that will hopefully go towards actually making a good game.

Slasher

Interesting and dooable topic...

I think mine will be called 'Perception'...

Slasher

'Perceptions'

Being rewritten..

Slasher

Perceptions

Most people believe they live in a world they've perceived to be reality.

Their perceptions dictate the reality they experience. The real reality is trapped within, never able to venture outside their reality and into the real realty.

We are eternal free spirits, free to roam space and time. To perceive the real reality of the outside you must change your perceptions of reality, for you are God.

A simple test of your perceptions may take you to the next level of the real reality of human consciousness.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 04/06/2020 09:49:48
Perceptions

Most people believe they live in a world they've perceived to be reality.

Their perceptions dictate the reality they experience. The real reality is trapped within, never able to venture outside their reality and into the real realty.

We are eternal free spirits, free to roam space and time. To perceive the real reality of the outside you must change your perceptions of reality, for you are God.

A simple test of your perceptions may take you to the next level of the real reality of human consciousness.

So basically, the Matrix?

Slasher

Blondbraid: Well, kind of like the matrix in principle...

You get a test on the perceptions of reality... before building your own universe  (laugh)

Slasher

Perceptions
I'm well into my entry. I thought I would do something different....
My entry consists of two parts:

• A choice quiz to test your perceptions of reality.
  • Build your own universe.

I've compiled the human consciousness reality quiz and I'm now setting up the 'Build you own universe' part which you can print out and frame  (laugh)

Slasher

Perceptions

Added a new part: Test your Perceptions of mathematical conundrums.
Also added one slot: S to Save game R to Restore game Save and D to Delete Saved game.
One cursor game.

My entry now consists of three parts:

• A multiple choice options quiz to test your perceptions of reality.
  • Test your Perceptions of mathematical conundrums.
  • Create your own reality universe which you can print out and frame  (laugh)

Game progress 94%

VampireWombat

0% progress on my game. I have to decide if I want to go through with my initial idea or do something "lighter" in tone.

Stupot

Intense Degree

I don't know how time will pan out this month, but I have at least made the very beginnings of something. I'm hoping it will be in a better state than last month's, but even if not I want to try and get something out this month and keep the momentum going if possible.

Slasher

Quote from: Intense Degree on Mon 08/06/2020 09:18:26
I don't know how time will pan out this month, but I have at least made the very beginnings of something. I'm hoping it will be in a better state than last month's, but even if not I want to try and get something out this month and keep the momentum going if possible.
Hope you will come through  (nod)

One Screenshot of Perceptions:

Slasher

Perceptions

Based on scientific fact and some conjecture....

320 X 200 resolution.

Most people perceive they live in a world they believe to be reality.Their perceptions dictate the reality they experience. Perceptions of reality have been instilled since birth, unable to venture from their perceived reality through human consciousness.

We are eternal free spirits, free to roam space without time. To perceive the reality of the outside you must change your perceptions of reality, for you are god.

A simple test of your perceptions may take you to the next level of human consciousness (Multiple choice quiz). Open your mind to the field of possibilities..

Solve some mathematical conundrum questions. (Difficulty: quite hard)

Finally, you may have a chance to create you own reality universe in which you can print out and frame... (Create your own reality universe of stars, mists, planets and other heavenly bodies).

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2453-perceptions/

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2453-perceptions/

heltenjon

Oh my! That's a different type of game for sure! Oh, and I'm totally stuck on the maths.
Spoiler
I can't figure out what the small planet without the comet hitting it, is representing. The real question is if this is a normal maths/pattern problem, or if the player has to change his/her perceptions in order to solve it.
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/06/2020 00:58:01
Oh my! That's a different type of game for sure! Oh, and I'm totally stuck on the maths.
Spoiler
I can't figure out what the small planet without the comet hitting it, is representing. The real question is if this is a normal maths/pattern problem, or if the player has to change his/her perceptions in order to solve it.
[close]
Spoiler
It comes from a standard type math's puzzle..I did say it was quite difficult, unless you know it.
[close]

heltenjon

I interpret the last line:
Spoiler
(virus+death star)x saturn, not virus+(death star x saturn) If I'm wrong about that, or if I'm wrong about what Saturn is, I won't know even if I get the death star right. I guess most won't play this until the end of the month (?), so it's a bit early to cry for hints. But it would be nice to know - if there were decimals, should the player type them with a comma or a dot?
[close]
Stumped...

I'm looking forwards to seeing if someone else here gets it.  (nod)

Slasher

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/06/2020 10:31:58
Spoiler
(virus+death star)x saturn, not virus+(death star x saturn) If I'm wrong about that, or if I'm wrong about what Saturn is, I won't know even if I get the death star right. I guess most won't play this until the end of the month (?), so it's a bit early to cry for hints. But it would be nice to know - if there were decimals, should the player type them with a comma or a dot?
[close]
Stumped...

Spoiler

It's actually: Star + Meteor(without comet)  x 1 planet...   no decimals, and the answer is online.
I also want to see who gets past these math questions.
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 10/06/2020 10:49:32
Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/06/2020 10:31:58
Spoiler
[close]
Stumped...

I got it through trial and error. The correct formula seems to be
Spoiler
star+(meteor x planet). I'm used to doing additon and subtraction first when not told otherwise, so I misinterpreted it to be (star+meteor) x planet. The second conundrum was a lot easier, so now I've created a couple of universes. I guess there can't be a hidden ending, seeing as the point being that we go on to infinity.   ;-D
[close]

Spoiler

It's actually: Star + Meteor(without comet)  x 1 planet...   no decimals, and the answer is online.
I also want see who gets past these math questions.
[close]

Slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk