MAGS June "Outside" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Tue 02/06/2020 16:54:06

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

And after reading up on the order of operations, I now see I simply remembered it wrong, while Slasher is dead on. Oh well, it's a good thing I don't do that for a living. :-[

Shadow1000

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/06/2020 22:03:46
And after reading up on the order of operations, I now see I simply remembered it wrong, while Slasher is dead on. Oh well, it's a good thing I don't do that for a living. :-[

Spoiler
I know the order of operations but I don't get how to do math with symbols that are not defined. 2 out of the 3 symbols on the bottom line don't appear in the definitions on the top 3 lines
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 11/06/2020 14:28:41
I know the order of operations but I don't get how to do math with symbols that are not defined. 2 out of the 3 symbols on the bottom line don't appear in the definitions on the top 3 lines

Spoiler
it is based exactly like i saw on Youtube, only different symbols...
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 11/06/2020 15:04:04

Spoiler
[close]

Ok, then it must be based on a reference I'm not familiar with, which would explain why I'm stuck.
Spoiler
What Youtube video am I missing...?
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 11/06/2020 18:00:50
Quote from: Slasher on Thu 11/06/2020 15:04:04

Spoiler
[close]

Ok, then it must be based on a reference I'm not familiar with, which would explain why I'm stuck.
Spoiler
What Youtube video am I missing...?
[close]
Sent you PM..

heltenjon

:-D Slasher's actually hidden a huge hint about the logic in one of his replies above. Although it looked like we were discussing other things.  (laugh) You don't need to have seen a similar setup or video to be able to solve this.

Slasher

I'm looking forward to some pretty cools games to emerge.  (nod)

Come on guys ;)

VampireWombat

I created my player character and got animations for her. But I still need to figure out quite a bit more. But we're still not quite to the halfway point of the month.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 12/06/2020 20:03:51
I created my player character and got animations for her. But I still need to figure out quite a bit more. But we're still not quite to the halfway point of the month.
Well, that's a great start  (nod)

Go for it like a non-stop locomotive ;)

JackPutter

It's late in the month but I think I came up with a fun one-room idea that I might be able to cobble together by the deadline... It's been a little while since I fired up the AGS software so let's hope I haven't lost the knack!

VampireWombat

Good luck, JackPutter.

I'm still trying to decide on art style for my game. Hopefully I'll figure it out today or tomorrow so I can start "real" work...

Stupot

Keep up the good work chaps.

VampireWombat

What, no encouragement for me? No keep up the mediocre work? lol.
Does reading a book for inspiration count as "work"? If so, I'm about to "work" on my game...

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 18/06/2020 13:56:06
What, no encouragement for me? No keep up the mediocre work? lol.
Does reading a book for inspiration count as "work"? If so, I'm about to "work" on my game...
Don't demean yourself...if reading is what it takes then yes, it is work... it's all work...

The earlier you start the sooner you'll finish...

One spark of inspiration is all you may need to light up the world..

Go forth and conquer ;)

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 19/06/2020 11:54:23
Don't demean yourself...if reading is what it takes then yes, it is work... it's all work...

The earlier you start the sooner you'll finish...

One spark of inspiration is all you may need to light up the world..

Go forth and conquer ;)
It's not really demeaning myself when it's true. What work I've done so far has been half hearted at best. But reading did actually prove useful since my mind relaxed enough to give me a specific puzzle idea.

And I now have more or less the art style I want figured out. Today and tomorrow are breaks from as high of heat, so I should be able to get a decent start.

Slasher

VampireWombat:  O, ye of little faith....  you are more powerful then you think you are.  You seem stuck in a perpetual circle of doubt and self identity.

"He must face the beast with great courage and faith for he can slay the beast..."

Now, go forth towards the beast...

Slasher

Anymore takers with something to show?  (nod)

VampireWombat

I'm still working on trees...

Intense Degree

Work is really piling up for me at the moment and has been this last couple of weeks so I don't think I'm going to manage anything at all this month. :(

JackPutter

I have one background and a character sprite. It may be a last-minute dash to the finish line for me, I was hoping to have a lot more finished by now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk