Simultaneous AGS Games Responding To Input

Started by Mandle, Thu 11/06/2020 03:37:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

I didn't know what other part of the forums to place this as it is a technical question/suggestion but I was wondering if it could be possible at all to code a mod or something that allowed you to open the same AGS game in two different windows and both would play out the same from the user input in only one of the windows.

The reason I wonder this is because it would be an incredibly valuable tool for checking translations. One window could run the English translation and the other could run the original language (or whatever)...

This way, a quality checker could easily see both versions side-by-side and check for context errors etc. in real time.

(I guess a more slap-shot way to do so would be to have every character say the lines in the first language and the second in a single game window, either at the same time or one after the other, but this could get very messy I'd imagine, and dialog windows would have major problems.)

Anyway, just an idea I'm throwing out if anyone knows if it is even possible and/or is interested in giving it a try.

Crimson Wizard

Not directly, as only 1 window may be receiving a user input.

But this may be done through network plugin, or script that implements client-server relation through a file.

One instance of a game works as a server, and when receiving an input sends commands through a file or network (e.g. using AGSSockets plugin). Other instances will receive these commands and call "Mouse.Click", "SimulateKeyPress" with read parameters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk