MAGS - MAY

Started by magintz, Thu 01/05/2003 17:30:51

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

Well Me and Jannar have come up with a nice solution for this month, combining some things to make a laugh.

The game has to be a parody, our sugestions were for the game to be a parody round the Full Throttle 2 crappiness and how everything should have been better, you can make a parody game based around taking the piss out of this or another adventure game you feel dissapointed with. Alternativly, you could base your game on a character, possibly you, who has to hunt down the team who made Monkey Island 4 and slaughter them like little lambs on a col Spring morn..... lol, just some sort of parody, based around a game that should have been good, but wasn't.

You must have at least three rooms, at least on Easter Egg hidden within the game, must have a witty or pun filled name / title, character must have at least one idle animation.

Have Fun    :D

Games in by 25th as usual.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Trapezoid

Why does parody have to be negative toward its target?

scotch

Yeah, I do think it'd be better if it was just 'a parody of an adventure game'.. personally I can't think of one I've been dissapointed about..

Mikko

Making parody over adventure games might be hard for me, because (cough) I haven't played too many of them and the ones I've played have been pretty enjoyable.

Well, I'll try anyway, this could turn out to be funny, or a pile of missed puns.

Privateer Puddin'

oooh i may just finish this time ;)

scotch

yeah me too, but the only game I can think of that people were dissapointed with is MI4, and it's one I haven't played yet :/  maybe I'll just pretend I really hated MI2.

Evil

* Evil counts how many ags games he has played..
Well Full Thorttle and like 3 RON games... I really need to play more games... OH! And I played Permanent Daylight, but that was already a parody...

n3tgraph

I thought a parody was a fun version on something serious like:

robin hood men in tights
hot shots
spaceballs

etc.
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Magintz unplugged

you could make a game based around the hatred of you not being able to get the game, to play, then you finnaly get it and voila..... you're dissapointed and it won;t install     :P

BOYD1981

Quote from: Magintz unplugged on Sat 03/05/2003 15:55:33
you could make a game based around the hatred of you not being able to get the game, to play, then you finnaly get it and voila..... you're dissapointed and it won;t install     :P

in that case could i just upload a zip file that doesn't work? :)

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Mikko

Has anyone started anything?

I've got things running pretty fine, though I think there is quite few days that I really can spend with this. Consider that as me giving some advantage to you. :)

Mennuz

This is a hard one :). I'll wait for the june MAGS :)

Evil

I am waiting for June also...

Mikko

Guess I'm alone then... :(

I just hope I get in time. Today's the big day, lots of progress should be done.

Squinky

Good luck mikko, I'm just now getting done with the game I started for last months mags...

magintz

Well no entries so far and the deadline is today, if anyone can get it in by the 29th then I will accept it, but i'm gonna move on to making easier rules (and more enjoyable) for next month as this month has yet again been a disappointment for mags
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Mikko

Mine is coming. I'm not sure if I get it done tonight though, but at the latest tomorrow.

I think that technically this months limits were easy enough. I mean, three rooms and so on, not too hard to do, is it?

Parody was the keyword this month to make it difficult. Too bad.

Edit: Yes, like I figured, I couldn't finish it by today. But, it shouldn't bee too hard for me to get it done tomorrow. I have work, though, but I finish it in the evening.

I basically did all the work this weekend, so don't expect anything spectacular. Anyway, of course I hope that you will enjoy it. :)

Till tomorrow then.

wOoDz

gizza clue what june's MAGS is! i'm kinda looking foward to doin one, but as a newbie this one has resulted in a blank, vacant look for a month :-\, there isn't much difference from any other month but ppl are noticing now!

woodz

Mikko

I so hate to do this, but I'll keep my entry waiting one more day. :(

Actually blame Magintz for this. He's the one who gave extra-time! :)

Layabout

i was gunna do one, but i found the rules to be crap. well actually i just couldnt think of anything...
I am Jean-Pierre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk