Latest Android-version: How to activate keyboard?

Started by Athanor, Thu 07/05/2020 08:02:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Athanor

Hello everybody,

I installed the latest Android-build and tried two games (Cirque de Zâle and A Tale of Two Kingdoms). While the games run perfectly, I'm not able to access the Android-keyboard which is necessary to save the game. As there are many AGS-games using the F-buttons I guess there has to be a way to activate it but I'm totally unable to find it. Can you please help me?

A second question: When I start a game I get the message about missing midi drivers. In the games there is music though. Can I ignore the message?

Thank you kindly and have a wonderful day!

edit: I read in another thread that there should be the menu symbol (the three points in the upper right corner) accessible ingame. In my case it isn't. I have the same problem with both my Android Tab A (from 2019) and with my Galaxy A20e.

Crimson Wizard

Hello.

There's a Android readme here in our repository: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/tree/master/Android
According to this you may bring a on-screen menu with either MENU button press or BACK button longpress. From this menu you should be able to call on-screen keyboard.

Quote from: Athanor on Thu 07/05/2020 08:02:27
A second question: When I start a game I get the message about missing midi drivers. In the games there is music though. Can I ignore the message?

Yes, try setting "midiid=none" in the acsetup.cfg, that should disable MIDI initialization in the engine.

Athanor

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 07/05/2020 12:21:12
Hello.

There's a Android readme here in our repository: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/tree/master/Android
According to this you may bring a on-screen menu with either MENU button press or BACK button longpress. From this menu you should be able to call on-screen keyboard.
Thank you for your reply. I already tried that - unfortunately there is no MENU button accessible ingame and pressing the BACK button (I tried for 10 seconds) doesn't do anything...

edit: Really strange: I can summon the menu by longpressing BACK on my handy, but it doesn't work on the Tab A.

Crimson Wizard

I dont have much knowledge about Android phones. Maybe it's worth opening a ticket in our repository about this and research possible solutions.

Athanor

I found a solution for the problem: I installed the app "Hacker's Keyboard" and activated it. Now it's possible to use a keyboard while running the AGS-app and everything works.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk