CTI: Crime Team Investigation

Started by Mandle, Tue 16/06/2020 16:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JackPutter

The chief spends all morning calling hotels, inns, motels, and any other temporary accommodation locations he can find in the area. He gets no decent leads, so he calls the Intrepid Pictures reception again and is told that as far as the receptionist can remember, the team will be staying in an AirBNB somewhere in the district, but has no information on where that might be.

LETTER FOR REFERENCE:
Spoiler
QuoteHaha! You'r  in doubl   roubl   ow! 19

v ry hi g will b  s   for my fi al  soo . 8  hos  dir y birdi s will s  ,  h y should l av   h  Mas  r's work alo   a d  o  ch ap   i  by  wis i g, dis illi g, a d con or i g i  for  h  mass s. 1  h y hav  do   i   oo ma y  im s  ow a d I will  o  le  i  happ  ,  o   ow,  o  h r ! So  h  dir y birdi s may fly h r , bu   h y will g t a surpris  wh    h y land. 3  H Y SHALL  O  CO  I U . 1  his h r sy   ds  OW. 2

You will v r fi d m . 7 I hav  26 pi c s l ft. 18 I ca  disapp ar. 21 I am  o  old, my bon s do  o  cr ak. 2 Will I  scap ? 12 Do s  h  quick, brow  fox jump ov r  h  lazy dog?

Good luck NYPD
[close]

MAP FOR REFERENCE:
Spoiler
[close]

Ian Aloser

Is there a way to contact AirBNB ?

JackPutter

The chief tries to contact representatives at AirBNB but as anyone who has used the service before will tell you, the customer support is atrocious. He spends an hour trying to get ahold of a human to explain the situation to before giving up and deciding that solving the killer's riddles will be an easier task than contacting AirBNB directly.

heltenjon

I think we should not try to get the locations from other investigation than cracking the riddles. The other avenues have given us motive, method and victimology, but we're not supposed to be able to get the locations that way as far as I understand the game.

So: "My bones are not old"...is there anything else that could possibly point in the direction of the sites beginning with "New"?

Ian Aloser

I am still convinced that the solution to the sought location has to do with the 12 numbers
and a corresponding 12 letter location. The "Double Trouble " still makes me think that it
might be POTENTIAL SOLUTION Margaret Anne Penitentiary
I'd suggest we send a full squad there, if nothing shows up there, the only place left according to the 12 letter theory would be Sheldonville.

heltenjon

You may be right. However, the "26" is the only number inside a sentence. "I have 26 pieces left" could be that sentence, meaning that number should not be counted.

In my mind, it feels most right to think along similar lines as officer Cassiebsg. The fox/dog-sentence in the end could be there to show us what letters are missing. The placement of the numbers points in the direction that the number means something in the sentence before (or after). Have anyone tried to do the letter swapping without the three letters T, E and N?

Ian Aloser

I guess you are right and this might be the finale with a crisp
riddle worth a finale
I just wanted to make sure that the double trouble 12 letter theory
is the solution, if it‘s not ( which I fear ) it will not be so easy to solve it

Mandle

I have misled the investigation so far. I'm pretty sleepy right now so I will continue my efforts when I wake up tomorrow.

JackPutter

Sergeant Pangborn and his team search Margaret Anne Penitentiary but see no indication that it is the planned destination of the film crew or the location of the killer's hideout.

heltenjon

Quote from: JackPutter on Tue 14/07/2020 15:22:06
Sergeant Pangborn and his team search Margaret Anne Penitentiary but see no indication that it is the planned destination of the film crew or the location of the killer's hideout.

I think this means we're on the lookout for two locations, like Cassiebsg and Ian Aloser have suggested.

Ian Aloser

That's bad news :-(
But Chief, just to make sure that the 12 letter theory is wrong, could we send the whole unit to Sheldonville?
I still haven't given up on this. Hope you agree !

JackPutter

Unfortunately the team uncovers no clues in Sheldonville.

Ian Aloser

Having a pile of A4 papers here scribbled with letters and numbers I believe
that this is a case for native speakers
Sentences like "My bones are not old" , I have pieces left " etc. surely contain a clue,
let alone the "fox over the lazy dog".
I find NO pattern using the numbers.....
I AM A LOSER

heltenjon

It looks like the first paragraph deals with the location of the movie set, and the second with the location of the killer. Perhaps we ought to treat them as two codes?

Kastchey

QuoteI am not old, my bones do not creak.
Perhaps 'creak' is used here as a homophone of 'creek'? As in, Silver Creek?

Ian Aloser

Excellent, Kastchey !
Do you see a similar context in the first paragraph?
Edit : I am not old : Tween is a word for kid or adolescent
There’ s Tweener’s Way, but it appears in the second paragraph
We must be absolutely sure so that we catch the criminal
AND save the film crew
EDIT:"by twisting, distilling, and contorting it for the masses" in the first paragraph:
Twisting, distilling, and contorting are industrial (for the masses) processes
Could this be a clue leading to Smither's Industrial Complex ?

JackPutter

The chief listens intently to your discussion, nodding along. "This is all very good speculation. Just one issue," he asks in a gentle tone, "If the first paragraph deals with one location, and the second paragraph deals with the other location, what the hell do the numbers mean? Are they just a red herring?"

Ian Aloser

I was thinking about GPS coordinates in Degrees, Minutes and Seconds format 2x(3x2), ->12 numbers,
but somehow it doesn't fit  (looked up the coordinates for New York )...
Chief, could we have rough coordinates for Silver Creek and Smither's Industrial Complex ?
EDIT: Forget it, my mistake, we would need 24 numbers , 12 for each location

Laura Hunt

QuoteHaha! You're in double trouble now! 19

Everything will be set for my finale soon. 8 Those dirty birdies will see, they should leave the Master's work alone and not cheapen it by twisting, distilling, and contorting it for the masses. 1 They have done it too many times now and I will not let it happen, not now, not here! So the dirty birdies may fly here, but they will get a surprise when they land. 3 THEY SHALL NOT CONTINUE. 1  This heresy ends NOW. 2

You will never find me. 7 I have 26 pieces left. 18 I can disappear. 21 I am not old, my bones do not creak. 2 Will I escape? 12 Does the quick, brown fox jump over the lazy dog?

Good luck NYPD

MAP:

Spoiler
[close]

I'm still struggling to make sense of this, but here's the note and the map for convenience, since we left them behind a couple of pages back.

Ian Aloser

I am afraid that the numbers are the red herring ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk