CTI: Crime Team Investigation

Started by Mandle, Tue 16/06/2020 16:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Aloser

I still believe that Sallynoggin Heights is a top candidate for the "big finale".
But from how I understand our situation, there is only Officer Leland left to investigate.
The killer might be determined to even kill herself ( Kidnapping and murder are just the start )
and I am afraid that explosives might play a major role
I don't know what my colleagues think, looks like they are all on holidays , except Officer Mkennedy.
So folks, what is your opinion ?

Laura Hunt

Agree with Sallynoggin Heights, I really can't make anything else of that call. Since there's nobody else available, let's ask Officer Leland to take a look and hope for the best...

heltenjon

From how I understood the intro by our esteemed game host, we have now prevented the grand finale and got the victims into protective custody. But I may be wrong, as I have been so many times before in this very entertaining game.

If Ms McGee cycled everywhere, I guess she's on our map and haven't got far. I'm pretty clueless about the message so far. (And I'm indeed on vacation IRL).

Ian Aloser

Ok, It's all or nothing !
POTENTIAL SOLUTION
Since we have neither recruitment nor a K-9 dog,
send Officer Leland to Sallynoggin Heights.
Needless to say that utmost care must be taken.

[Heltenjon, enjoy your vacation ! I really wonder what alternatives we had, soon it will be revealed]

heltenjon

Do you think we only get to try once?  ;)

mkennedy

Maybe hire a few people from a private security firm to accompany Leland?

heltenjon

McGee singing triumphant: "I shot the sheriff!"

Leland appearing behind her with gun raised: "But you didn't shoot the deputy."  ;-D

Ian Aloser

@Heltenjon, i think you‘re a bit too jaunty regarding
having only one officer out there for the big finale :-)
Let‘s hope for the best, i am really looking forward
to what will happen, pretty sure it will be in Sallynoggin Heights !
@Mkennedy: I don‘t think private security has the rights
to represent the law, though I would be glad if we had some assistance

Kastchey

You can spell 'climax' using the letters in Smithers Industrial Complex, but that's all I can think of other than what has been proposed already.

JackPutter

Bravely Officer Leland scours the Sallynoggin Heights area but he finds no leads.

Spoiler
A quick word about how to finish the game... I felt it would be unsatisfying if, after all your excellent hard work on the case, I didn't give you one last chance to slap a pair of cuffs on the killer. You have all been so great at solving the puzzles and asking all the right questions that a real police squad would ask, I would have hated to leave things unresolved. So the killer's last call was the last puzzle, if you can solve it then you'll be able to catch them. Good luck!
[close]

Ian Aloser

Oh nooooooo ......
I was so sure about Sallynoggin Heights :-(
If it‘s ONE last chance, then we must be 100% sure

JackPutter

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant "one last chance" as in this is the final clue. You can have more than one guess as to what the solution of the puzzle is!

Ian Aloser

Pheeeew, that gives us room and time to think, here's the killer's last call for reference:
Oh you think you've spoiled my climax? All good plans contain a failsafe so they will be successful! Once I get out of here, I'll put a stop to the destruction of the master's work, believe it! Kidnapping and murder are just the start, there is so much to take care of! Just watch me!
EDIT: And here is the chief's last statement, I wonder if the fine-toothed comb means more than thorough searching
"I think it might be worth going over the killer's last call with a fine-toothed comb. If she just wanted to make a getaway, she never would have drawn attention to herself. She called us for a reason, call it a hunch but maybe there's one last clue in there..."

Cassiebsg

Do we know what kind of bike she rides?
Have people in the area seen someone in the area ridding a bike matching the description?

I think we need to figure out exactly what she means by "Once I get out of here,"... where exactly is here? Her hiding place maybe?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Laura Hunt

There's nothing at all that catches my eye in that call, so I'm afraid I'm looking too much into everything. Might be that we need to figure out where "here" is (after all, that's where we'll catch her, but maybe she just means "the town" in general), might be that the key is in the words "just the start", might be "just watch me". I am completely stumped. I am even considering that "failsafe" is a synonym for "safeguard" and thus we need to check the prison! * throws hands in the air, sighs, grabs one of heltenjon's donuts *

Ian Aloser

Just a few thoughts concerning the letters we got from the killer:
The VERY first note we received was full of typos and bad grammar, whereas the
last one we got written with a typewriter didn't contain any of those.
Could it be that actually TWO persons are involved in the crimes ?
And what did the word "Church" mean we found on the cross where Wiseman was found ?
I remember that the audition took place with a priest, maybe a church is playing a role in this
last riddle (Once I get out of here ).
The other place to get out from would be the penitentiary .......

If the solution is to be found in the last phonecall only, then I'm pretty clueless......

mkennedy

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Thu 30/07/2020 17:54:52
And what did the word "Church" mean we found on the cross where Wiseman was found ?
Church is the name of the cat from "Pet Sematary", short for Churchill.

heltenjon

Quote from: Kastchey on Wed 29/07/2020 18:45:04
You can spell 'climax' using the letters in Smithers Industrial Complex, but that's all I can think of other than what has been proposed already.

Actually, we can spell "spoiled climax". (Then we are left with the letters mithersnustr, which I find no use for.) It could be worth a try? But I'd rather find "failsafe" in some form on the map.

Ian Aloser

Smither‘s Industrial Complex was a candidate before,
It might still be, maybe just for the „X“, which might mark the spot.
EDIT: And i still believe that there are two persons involved
How could the petite woman transport Wiseman‘s corpse ?
With a bicycle ?
I take the full responsibility to have Officer Leland search
POTENTIAL SOLUTION: Smither‘s Industrial Complex

JackPutter

Officer Leland checks out the factories and warehouses around Smithers Industrial Complex, but apart from finding a few teenagers smoking the reefer, he finds no signs of criminal activity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk