CTI: Crime Team Investigation

Started by Mandle, Tue 16/06/2020 16:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Aloser

Is it me, or would Kings County Hospital Center and Queens Hospital Center
be placed exactly on a normal NW-SE-line? Coincidence?
Yeah, could be . For now, i stick to my theory of the rotated directions.
Let‘s wait for the outcome of our latest search, otherwise we would encourage chaos :-)
It‘s getting a bit confusing already, but i think we are getting very close
EDIT: heltenjon, I updated the updated map with the green line !!
Makes your theory look plausible ! We should be there soon, just a little bit of driving...

Mandle

Sorry, very long work-day in RL. I'll have to look over everything tomorrow and do an update then. Goodnight.

Ian Aloser

What/Where is RL? Sleep tight !!

heltenjon

Ian Aloser

Mandle

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 26/06/2020 21:13:25
I'm sending the guys in Logistics a large amount of their favourite donuts and asking them to make a map of all the relevant sites. Please make sure to include the double site from last time, if that is what we've missed.

I have a feeling that the sites will make some kind of pattern in the end.

This map comes back, from Logistics downstairs in the basement, inside an empty donuts' box with "THANKS!" scrawled on it in goblin-like writing, showing all the currently-known victims' exact locations of discovery, including the girl chopped in half, top-half at the bridge and bottom-half in the bay a bit to the south-east of there:

Spoiler

[close]

Nothing is discovered by units sent out to:

* The Brooklyn Museum and the Queens Museum.

* Glendale and Forest Park.

(OFFICIAL UPDATE)

Mandle

(And, yes, in-game time was paused over the weekend while I was finding time to update the game.)

heltenjon

The updated map didn't give me any new insights, but then I'm more of a Pun Department Detective. I'll request (potential solution) sending squad cars to MUSEUM OF THE MOVING IMAGE (so many memories ?) and ROCKAWAY COMMUNITY PARK to check out detective Ian Aloser's theory.

The fact that we got the map in the first place suggests that this was something we were supposed to do.

Mandle

Units find nothing worth reporting back on at Museum Of The Moving Image or Rockaway Community Park.

Here is the city map for ease of reference, which also contains the exact crime-scene locations to date as provided by the "goblins" down in Logistics:

Spoiler

[close]

Here is the original letter received from Justice Killer for Week Four:

Spoiler

Hello,

Took you a while to find my latest site.

Or, rather, both of them. LOL!

A bit disappointed by the unimaginative nickname the press has given me but oh well.

Let's speed things up a bit shall we?

I'm doubling up AND going back to basics!

S O W N B Y G
R Q X W D E F
W M T B C Z L
W C B A P B G
H D W F L Q W
K E R T W P B
G F P S R W P

Yours Sincerely,
Justice Killer.
[close]

Here is the follow-up letter that Justice Killer sent later:
Spoiler

A new letter arrives at the NYPD from the killer:

Hello,

Yup, back to basics.

My old stomping-ground.

Or should I say "stabbing-ground"?! Hehehe...

So many memories.

Yours Sincerely,
Justice Killer.
[close]

(OFFICIAL UPDATE)

Ian Aloser

POTENTIAL SOLUTION:
Chief, despite the markers on the maps are in a slightly different position now,
I still would like to follow heltenjon's proposal to search Kings County Hospital Center
and Queens Hospital Center.
Basics , Basicks ?

Mandle

Nothing of note is detected in a sweep of the Kings County Hospital Center and Queens Hospital Center areas.

(I have updated the top post on this page to include the updated map, the original letter, and the follow-up letter, for ease of reference.)

(OFFICIAL UPDATE)

heltenjon

Working from the assumption that it was the killer witnesses observed at Bushwick, I suspect he has travelled northeast and/or southwest from there, like the alphabetic directions in the code. I suggest (potential solution) that we search locations in those directions, starting with those close by. If we send squads to Ridgewood and Bedford-Stuyvesant, we may either find the killer or perhaps breadcrumbs showing us that he went that way.

Cassiebsg

Every time I think I "see" something the rest of the clues don't match.

Assuming A is  the Bushwick location I followed the A-G path assuming that each letter is a bifurcation on the road. That lead me to Brooklyn Museum. Only problem is that I can't seem to do the same upwards.  :-\

Then I thought that maybe the W mark the victims locations, and the lower right seems to align fairly good with the 3 sites there, with the Bushwick w either being the far middle one or the one 1 down 2 right from it... But then there's all those Ws on the top part of the map... does that mean this clue includes more potential sites (future victims?) other than the site(s) we're currently after?
Unless he's got 2 victims both cut in half at those WW locations? Middle left and far up left... uhm, maybe this theory does have some foot after all? What if the G-A-G path represents the river?

Okay, I'll risk sending a patrol to the (Potential Solution) to that area were there's a bridge (under the Times Square text) and the one longer up above the text (East Harlem).

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

CASE #64

Justice Killer

Week Five

Following the lead provided by Officer Helten Jon, units are sent out to both Ridgewood and Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Zeroing-in on a complaint about a constant knocking-sound coming from a neighbor's apartment in Ridgewood, the unit there breaks down the door of the offending residence to discover Justice Killer's victim strung up to the ceiling fan by the neck. The body sways around limply in a circle and, on every rotation, one of its feet strikes the wall the neighbor shares with the victim's apartment.

The victim turns out to be an employee of the state prison system, in charge of overseeing prisoner paroles, and had been accused in the past several times of demanding sexual favors from prisoners eligible for parole in return for their release, and denying parole if they were refused said favors.

The victim was hanged from the ceiling fan with a standard-issue prison bedsheet woven into a rope.

Units heading out to Bedford-Stuyvesant receive incoming intel from the station-house that a potential victim has been located there by the I.T. Department.

In that district there resides a woman who used to work as a police station's cleaning staff. She had been under suspicion, quite a few times, of stealing items from high-profile cases from the Evidence Room and potentially selling them off to collectors of such memorabilia. Eventually, an item of evidence from a sensational case against an infamous mobster went missing before the trial was over. The woman in question was fired but the mobster walked free.

The police rush to the victim's residence and smash open the door, only to surprise an elderly woman into falling off her sofa and spilling her not-the-first-of-the-night martini all over her cat.

The old biddy is taken into protective custody. Her cat is given a bath and one of the attending officers adopts him.

The next day a new letter arrives at the NYPD from the killer:

Hello,

So, you finally got the drop on me?!

Well, it took you long enough.

I was casing that old bitch's place and I saw you scare the living crap out of her.

I guess she can count her lucky stars that there was at least one of you noobs that could find the hole in their donut without a flashlight and a map.

Meh, she's old, she'll be dead soon enough anyway.

However, you HAVE left me in a rather uncharitable mood for now.

I had been quite looking forward to scalping her and selling it as a wig online as an item from THIS famous case at some point in the future!

So, yeah, you've got me a little pissed off here.

I got two more to go before I'm done and disappear forever so good luck catching me!

NO MORE CLUES FOR YOU!!!

Yours Sincerely and GOODBYE,
Justice Killer.

Here is the city map for ease of reference, which also contains the exact crime-scene locations to date as provided by the "goblins" down in Logistics, updated to include the last two locations, including the rescued lady's residence:

Spoiler

[close]

Mandle

GAME RULES: The police chief, who has a lot more color back in his face and vigor back into his step after the force finally saved a potential victim, orders that, as Justice Killer has declared two more victims, two units can be sent out simultaneously as long as a good enough reason is provided.

Ian Aloser

Congrats Officer Helten Jon !
But I still have no idea how could have solved this BEFORE the hint with the "stabbing ground" came up.
EDIT: From how understand it, Bushwick is the "A" in the letter matrix

Stupot

So was the W thing a red herring?

Mandle

All will be explained once the case is over.

heltenjon

The G in the east was Glendale, and A was the original spot (Bushwick). No idea if the ws meant anything, though.

What now then? Does the sites marked make a pattern? A star constallation, perhaps? Or maybe someone can do some more magic connecting of dots?

Ian Aloser

Two more victims left......
I think that the words in capital letters may contain clues
as to where to find the (potential )crime scenes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk