CTI: Crime Team Investigation

Started by Mandle, Tue 16/06/2020 16:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JackPutter

The chief scratches his head and wonders aloud, "Out of curiosity, when CaptainD first posted the list of numbers converted to letters, did anyone try seeing if there were any hidden words in that sequence?"

NOTE FOR REFERENCE:

Spoiler
QuoteHaha! You're in double trouble now! 19

Everything will be set for my finale soon. 8 Those dirty birdies will see, they should leave the Master's work alone and not cheapen it by twisting, distilling, and contorting it for the masses. 1 They have done it too many times now and I will not let it happen, not now, not here! So the dirty birdies may fly here, but they will get a surprise when they land. 3 THEY SHALL NOT CONTINUE. 1  This heresy ends NOW. 2

You will never find me. 7 I have 26 pieces left. 18 I can disappear. 21 I am not old, my bones do not creak. 2 Will I escape? 12 Does the quick, brown fox jump over the lazy dog?

Good luck NYPD
[close]

MAP FOR REFERENCE:

Spoiler
[close]

Ian Aloser

Now if that isn't a broad hint ...
I just don't see any clue in "shacabgzrubl" except ACAB,
so this might be the only message/insult as far as the numbers are concerned,
thus giving the numbers no further meaning
Come on colleagues, wake up from your desks !!!!

Laura Hunt

There are SO many words that can be formed from letters in that sequence that I'm not sure how that helps... bag, bash, laugh, blush, gas, cars, rash, bra, grab, carbs, club, crash... wait, laura?

OMG HE'S COMING FOR ME!

heltenjon

Hmmm...Shake a Bee Gees Ruble.

Doesn't sound like an immediate hit. This time was the first time the chief posted the solved note instead of the original, meaning there probably isn't anything more to find in the unsolved one.

heltenjon

If we are allowed to combine the letters in the sequence with the letters TEN in order to make a message, perhaps the z could be ZEN? Pointing in the direction of Tranquility Grove? (This may be overthinking it again, though.)

Ian Aloser

I believe we should shake some action NOW
For the first paragraph: My top candidate would be Smither's Industrial Complex, see explanation above
For the second paragraph, it would be Silver Creek, as explained by Kastchey. Tweener's way would be an alternative,
but I'm afraid that if we fail at one location, we won't be able to catch the killer AND save the film team.
Creek from"Creak" is similar to Cunningham Centre from"Center"
For the numbers : I think it's only the ACAB ( All Cops Are Bastards) insult,
they also appear in a sequence.
Before I make it a POTENTIAL SOLUTION, I would like to have my colleagues' approval, unless someone
comes up with a better theory....

Mandle

Here's the CaptainD post we should be referring to for ease of viewing.

This is the closest we have gotten it seems:

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 13/07/2020 12:19:00
Another case has kept me from contributing much to this one, but I have at least added the missing letters to the last message:

QuoteHaha! You're in double trouble now! 19      

Everything will be set for my finale soon. 8 Those dirty birdies will see, they should leave the Master's work alone and not cheapen it by twisting, distilling, and contorting it for the masses. 1 They have done it too many times now and I will not let it happen, not now, not here! So the dirty birdies may fly here, but they will get a surprise when they land. 3 THEY SHALL NOT CONTINUE. 1  This heresy ends NOW. 2

You will never find me. 7 I have 26 pieces left. 18 I can disappear. 21 I am not old, my bones do not creak. 2 Will I escape? 12 Does the quick, brown fox jump over the lazy dog?

Good luck NYPD

Obviously those numbers are significant somehow.  Since the highest number is 26 I'm thinking they must correspond to letters.
19 s
8 h
1 a
3 c
1 a
2 b
7 g
26 z
18 r
21 u
2 b
12 l

shacabgzrubl

Nothing seems to jump out at me from that set of letters, so maybe it's a cipher.

I did a reverse alphabet cipher on the letters and this is what I got:

hszxzytaifyo

mkennedy

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 17/07/2020 12:53:00
I believe we should shake some action NOW
For the first paragraph: My top candidate would be Smither's Industrial Complex, see explanation above
For the second paragraph, it would be Silver Creek, as explained by Kastchey. Tweener's way would be an alternative,
but I'm afraid that if we fail at one location, we won't be able to catch the killer AND save the film team.
Creek from"Creak" is similar to Cunningham Centre from"Center"
For the numbers : I think it's only the ACAB ( All Cops Are Bastards) insult,
they also appear in a sequence.
Before I make it a POTENTIAL SOLUTION, I would like to have my colleagues' approval, unless someone
comes up with a better theory....

If it saves lives I say go for it, just use caution though in case it is a trap (Is the killer still doing that?)

Ian Aloser

Ok, Officer Mkennedy, let's make it a POTENTIAL SOLUTION together!
Chief, let's send Team 1 to Smither's Industrial Complex and Team 2 to Silver Creek
We should make one team with officers White and Collins and the other one with officers Leland and Ullman.
We know that Ullman is the best driver, so depending upon the locations, i let you decide who will
be Team 1 and Team 2.
Let's pray we don't fail ......

heltenjon

shacabgzrubl are the letters found in the two words Salzburg and Bach. Salzburg is the birthplace of Mozart. If that is a coincidence, it's even better than the pentagram that wasn't there!

Just in case, I'd like the chief's permission to see if there's been many recent fliers from (or to) Salzburg. Hoping that the corona times makes this a possible avenue of investigation...normally, I'd guess the population size would make this difficult.

Ian Aloser

OMG, hope I didn‘t mess it up ...
You have a fertile imagination:-)

mkennedy

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 17/07/2020 20:22:20
Ok, Officer Mkennedy, let's make it a POTENTIAL SOLUTION together!
Chief, let's send Team 1 to Smither's Industrial Complex and Team 2 to Silver Creek
We should make one team with officers White and Collins and the other one with officers Leland and Ullman.
We know that Ullman is the best driver, so depending upon the locations, i let you decide who will
be Team 1 and Team 2.
Let's pray we don't fail ......

You may want to send at least 3 officers to each location rather than just two.

Cassiebsg

And how exactly are you planing to do that, when there's only 5 officers in town and 1 is in the Hospital?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ian Aloser

I believe that we have four officers and Pangborn.....

JackPutter

The chief drums his fingers on his desk. "Officer Ullman is still in hospital after getting a fire axe lodged halfway through his calf. The available units for searches are Sergeant Pangborn, Officer White, Officer Collins, and Officer Leland. Do you want to send two officers to Silver Creek and two to Smithers Industrial Complex at the same time?

"I've looked into flights to and from Salzburg, there's no airline flying those routes at the moment. I had such a strong feeling about that idea too, Salzburg seemed like it had great promise."

mkennedy

Can we send a team of three officers to one location first, then after they are done send a team of three officers to the second location?

Laura Hunt

Guys, we're blind.

The letters "shacabgzrubl" contain the place name SCHAALBURG (top right corner of the map).

Ian Aloser

Officer Laura Hunt,
That‘s brilliant, nobody but you have seen that
But what now ?

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 17/07/2020 22:31:27
Officer Laura Hunt,
That‘s brilliant, nobody but you have seen that
But what now ?

Well, we send someone over there, of course!

What about the second location, though? The industrial complex, Silver Creek, or neither? Are we missing any other obvious clues in the note?

Cassiebsg

Oh, I had concentrated on the "rare" letters, like the z to find words that might fit...  (roll)

Funny though, at some point into this investigation, I had market Yorks Way, Schaalburg, Aldrin Walk and Talbots Inch. with a star as possible locations... but no idea how I got to them... and why I discarded them (as in I didn't post them)...  8-0

If we take the letters we didn't use: z and b...  (roll)
could it mean nothing? his initials? the address in schaalburg?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk