Game Testers and Sprite Animators

Started by ToeKnee, Mon 13/07/2020 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

ToeKnee

PROJECT:
BYO-Hero. A Task Based Point and Click Medieval Adventure Game revealing the world of royalty corruption!
See: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58073.0

DETAILS:
YOU (your drawing/picture) has been unceremoniously thrown out of the Royal castle.
You find yourself left alone in a forest with nothing in your possession and you soon realise that you have been booted out since you are next in line to the throne. You must use your wits and skills and, the help of your sister Abbey, to try and get
back into the castle and back into your role. This is first part of what may be a 3 x part series depending on uptake.

This game is a traditional type point-and-click Adventure and is primarily directed at children/early teens. Note that this game is based more upon 'TASKS' than 'PUZZLES' necessary to get through the game... there are tons of challenging tasks to find and do. Seeking to target potential teens with Disability who can draw their own self/Hero for the game.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
1) GAME TESTER/S
Those willing to thoroughly test (play) the game. I am after those that pay attention to detail. Looking for testing of;
- Game 'flow' and usability... Does the storyline make sense, does it keep your interest, are the tasks too Hard, or too Easy, to find and do....(considering disability as well, such as Autism)?
- Any bugs or fixes that need to be changed (Eg: you try certain objects on something and the game doesn't currently do something that would be a real improvement).
- Any obvious spelling errors or timing/sequencing matters

I am requesting the typical Fault-Finding feedback;
  a. What were you TRYING to do?
  b) What did you EXPECT would (should) happen?
  c) What ACTUALLY happened?
  d) What may potentially RESOLVE the issue/s?
  d) Can you REPLICATE the issue/s? (what conditions are needed if 'Yes')

2) SPRITE ANIMATION (automation and flow)...
- Although there are many cut-scenes with custom sprite/cartoon animation throughout the game, someone better skilled than I may be able to recommend changes to uplift these to really improve/super-charge the game experience.
- Seeking any help from those that enjoy Sprite animation (I can provide originals)

DEADLINE:
The game is completed and Family have already tested thoroughly - however I am keen to enroll the 'battle-scarred' game skills of seasoned / traditional Adventure Gamers.... (Since you have a much different view/ lens to look through)
I'm looking to have the game finished (testing) by August 10, 2020 (4 weeks) for full release.

COMMENTS:
Interested parties can reply to this thread or can contact me via: byo.hero.game@gmail.com
Cheers,
Tony
If it’s not broken, let’s fix it till it is...!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk