FALL

Started by ukz530, Tue 06/10/2020 02:58:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogwizd

To be honest, UKZ sent me a PM with the solution but I guess opening a Tips and Hints thread is not a bad idea :)

Sinitrena

Intresting game with good graphics. Most problems were already pointed out by others, so I won't repeat them here.

But I do have a question, concerning a puzzle at the end, so spoilers:

Spoiler
The code for the safe. It was clear that the code was the year the painting was created. That's straightforward enough. But was there anywhere a hint when this was? When I look at it, Jonathan just wonders when it was painted, I can't talk to anybody else, I couldn't find any other items in this section. Am I, as the player, really just supposed to know this? I ended up googling, but that would be really bad design. Requiering an internet connection to solve a puzzle is not a good idea. So, did I miss something?
[close]

ukz530

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 24/10/2020 02:30:16
Intresting game with good graphics. Most problems were already pointed out by others, so I won't repeat them here.

But I do have a question, concerning a puzzle at the end, so spoilers:

Spoiler
The code for the safe. It was clear that the code was the year the painting was created. That's straightforward enough. But was there anywhere a hint when this was? When I look at it, Jonathan just wonders when it was painted, I can't talk to anybody else, I couldn't find any other items in this section. Am I, as the player, really just supposed to know this? I ended up googling, but that would be really bad design. Requiering an internet connection to solve a puzzle is not a good idea. So, did I miss something?
[close]

Hi Sinitrena! Thank you for playing my game.

spoilers:
Spoiler

You didn't miss anything.  I'm sorry. Just like you thought, it's the puzzle that needed outside information.
I thought it would be easy to search because the internet is a common environment in South Korea(my country).

Whatever the reason may be, I don't think it was good to make puzzles using external information.

I'm not planning to put this kind of puzzle in the next project. Thank you for enjoying the game!

[close]

selmiak

what can I say, finally I fought my way through all the slimy insects and also completed this cool game. But only after playing content, that really got me into it. I want more UKZ!

And of course I recorded it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4uYJWTHbw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk