Barn Runner: Pucker Factor [AGS Awards Edition]

Started by Ponch, Tue 14/07/2020 03:18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

[imgzoom]http://www.barnrunner.com//pics/misc/AGS_Today_11.png[/imgzoom]

After not making an AGS game for eight years or so, I've suddenly made an AGS game!

It began life as a MAGS game a few months back, but during this long lockdown, it turned into something much larger.  :=

BARN RUNNER:
PUCKER FACTOR

Dr. Noriko is in the mood for love, and she's set her sights on one of the most eligible bachelors in the city. Help her navigate the minefield that is a first date by choosing the right conversational tone, picking the right conversation topics to hold his interest, impressing him with her flying skills, and tricking him into committing an act of piracy with her.

This game is part arcade game, part puzzle game, and part dating sim. Unusual, sure, but we're all locked inside our homes and the walls are closing in, so what better way to stave off madness during this apocalypse than by helping tiny, fictional pixel people find love in an uncertain world?

Pictured: High flying action!

Pictured: Adventures in the darkness while wearing high heels!

Pictured: Slow-roasting, vent-crawling fun!

FEEL THE LOVE! DOWNLOAD HERE!

--------------------------------------------------

As promised, here's the deluxe "AGS Awards Edition" of Pucker Factor.

New features include:

Several new puzzles

Several new endings!

Achievements! (Quite popular with the kids today)

DOWNLOAD HERE
* This is a patch that upgrades the previous version of the game, so make sure you have that installed first.

Thanks for the votes, AGS Community!  :kiss:

lanchong

Great. I loved the MAGS version a few months ago and I look forward to playing the full version.

Frodo

Barn Runner is back with a vengeance!   :grin:

I was lucky enough to play-test it, and I loved every moment of it. 
I love how it mixes adventure, arcade, love sim, and hidden object, all together.   :cheesy:

Thanks for the Headbanger's Heaven plug in AGS Today.  Love all those radiators, especially the one under Jason's arm.   :cheesy:

Uziel

Yes!!!! Everything Ponch does is always awesome. Loved the MAGS version of this one, as much as I love every single one of Ponch's Barn Runner games. Downloading now... super excited!
So glad to see you back, big guy!

Ponch

Quote from: lanchong on Tue 14/07/2020 04:11:22
I loved the MAGS version a few months ago and I look forward to playing the full version.
Glad to hear it. There's a LOT more content in the full version. Hope you like it.  :cheesy:

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 14/07/2020 09:34:27
I love how it mixes adventure, arcade, love sim, and hidden object, all together.   :cheesy:

Thanks for the Headbanger's Heaven plug in AGS Today.  Love all those radiators, especially the one under Jason's arm.   :cheesy:
This game gave me a chance to work out the mechanics for some of the puzzles I'll be putting in my next Barn Runner game, which is the next installment of The Forever Friday.

If you look carefully, Jason is also wearing tiny radiator earrings.  :cool:

Quote from: Uziel on Tue 14/07/2020 09:39:56
Loved the MAGS version of this one, as much as I love every single one of Ponch's Barn Runner games. Downloading now... super excited!
Thanks! I'm glad to know there are still fans of the old Barn Runner series still around. it's been ages since I created a new game in that universe (or any kind of game at all, really).  :embarrassed:

Thanks for playing, guys and gals.  :kiss:

lorenzo

Oh man, it's finished! :cheesy: I haven't been able to sleep for months because of the cliffhanger the MAGS version ended with!

The MAGS game was great, can't wait to finish the story!

Also, good to know about the new Headbanger's Heaven DLC! There weren't nearly enough radiators in that game. (laugh)

Ponch

Quote from: lorenzo on Wed 15/07/2020 22:54:47
Oh man, it's finished! :cheesy: I haven't been able to sleep for months because of the cliffhanger the MAGS version ended with!

The MAGS game was great, can't wait to finish the story!
Glad to know you liked the MAGS version of this game. I think you'll like the full-size version even more. Originally I had only planned for just a little more game after that cliffhanger, but with all the design and development time the lockdown afforded me, I was able to expand it a lot more, working in some puzzles I've never tried before.

Also, good to know about the new Headbanger's Heaven DLC! There weren't nearly enough radiators in that game. (laugh)
For me, it was the last bit of the version of that game that was originally uploaded that got to me. When you finally go down into the basement to see all of the band members together at the same time, and over on the wall is a radiator... one that I never got the chance to switch on earlier in the game. it ate away at my subconscious for the longest time. How could i enjoy the end of the story knowing how cold that basement must be?!  :shocked:  :wink:

Anyhoo, thanks for being patient while I finished Pucker Factor. 

DBoyWheeler

Welcome back, Ponch!  And this sounds like a game that should bring on the hilarity that Barn Runner is known for... with perhaps a touch of Leisure Suit Larry (or, in this case, maybe Passionate Patti?).

Ponch

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Thu 16/07/2020 01:23:12
with perhaps a touch of Leisure Suit Larry (or, in this case, maybe Passionate Patti?).
As a fan of those games, I certainly appreciate the comparison of my games to those of Larry Laffer, and now that I think about it, there is at least a little bit of Patti in Noriko. Has Al Lowe been secretly inside my head all these years, influencing my games?  :shocked:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the game, DBoy.

lorenzo

This game was a lot of fun, I loved it!

There's so much variety, with a mix of dating sim, arcade sections, exploration, hidden objects, puzzles, and so on. You never get bored and it keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. The checkpoint system works well too.

The dialogues were great, well-written, with some funny banter between the character.
Nice choice of music too. ;)

The original MAGS version was already great, but the complete package is even better! I'll probably replay it in the future, to see all the other responses.
Thanks for the game, I really enjoyed it!

Ponch

kconan

Congrats Ponch!  Awesome entry in an awesome franchise!

Oh, and my bad on not testing the RC...

Ponch

Quote from: kconan on Thu 23/07/2020 19:49:39
Congrats Ponch!  Awesome entry in an awesome franchise!

Oh, and my bad on not testing the RC...
I blame you for any bugs or typos.   :=

Ponch

Updated with new AGS Awards Edition upgrade, as promised. See the first post.

Thanks everyone!  :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk