Broken Windows - Chapter 2

Started by SarahLiz, Fri 31/07/2020 05:20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahLiz

here's where I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I have just given June the magazine, and gotten her to check the copier.  Now she says it needs some kind of spark plug...I've wandered around in search of supplies or someone to ask, but to no avail.  Help please! 
[close]

Feel free to be as spoiler-y as possible.  I don't mind.  :)

Ian Aloser

You need a
Spoiler

Fuse. You get it from the plug of the coffee machine using
the screwdriver from the evidence room
Then you use it on the plug of the copier, not the copier itself
[close]

Shadow1000

Ok, than how do you
Spoiler
give June the magazine? When I try it says why would she want that?
[close]

Ian Aloser

Did you
Spoiler

already look at the magazine?
Swap the caravan magazine with the one the janitor is reading
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 31/07/2020 15:14:56
Did you
Spoiler

already look at the magazine?
[close]

I tried that.
Spoiler
It says why would you want to? or something like that
[close]

Ian Aloser

What
Spoiler

description do you get for rhe magazine?
Cannot play now, typing from my smartphone
But it is pretty straight forward, the cover from the
magazine changes once you look at it
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 31/07/2020 15:23:43
What
Spoiler

description do you get for rhe magazine?
Cannot play now, typing from my smartphone
But it is pretty straight forward, the cover from the
magazine changes once you look at it
[close]

It's called
Spoiler
caravan
[close]

also when you say
Spoiler
the janitor, I assume you mean a guy named Geoff who is in the cleaning closet reading a magazine? Maybe I am trying with the wrong guy?
[close]

Ian Aloser

Now
Spoiler

I think he is called Geoff
[close]

SarahLiz

Yes,

Spoiler
so you've already obviously looked more closely at the "Busty Ladies" magazine, and got the copy of Caravan from inside of it.  So now go to the supply closet where Geoff is reading "Hi" magazine, and swap with him.  (If you try to give him "Busty Ladies" like I did just for fun, he is AGHAST that you'd offer it to him, lol.)  The magazine Geoff gives you is the one to give to June. 
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Fri 31/07/2020 18:45:56
Yes,

Spoiler
so you've already obviously looked more closely at the "Busty Ladies" magazine, and got the copy of Caravan from inside of it.  So now go to the supply closet where Geoff is reading "Hi" magazine, and swap with him.  (If you try to give him "Busty Ladies" like I did just for fun, he is AGHAST that you'd offer it to him, lol.)  The magazine Geoff gives you is the one to give to June. 
[close]

Hey, thanks for stepping in.
Spoiler
when I try that, it says "I suppose I could try swapping magazines with him but what good would that do me?"
[close]

I must have missed something?

Ian Aloser

If I remember well you
Spoiler

Have to look at the notes on the board several times and
try to copy the files to find out that the copier is broken,
maybe you missed that
[close]

SarahLiz

Well, now:

Spoiler
  I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get an ice pop for the bum.  I have the change, but I don't have a way to bribe or blackmail the shop owner to sell it to me.  I thought maybe I could threaten to expose him for his un-fresh sandwiches, or maybe the "Saving Ryan's Privates" DVD, but I guess not.  Help please! 
[close]

Thanks in advance.

SarahLiz

Yeah, I'm not sure about that Shadow.  If what Ian says doesn't work, I'll try going back to an earlier save game and replay it to see if I can help you...

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Fri 31/07/2020 19:05:45
If I remember well you
Spoiler

Have to look at the notes on the board several times and
try to copy the files to find out that the copier is broken,
maybe you missed that
[close]

Thank you! That was pretty random...I seriously would never have guessed that.

Spoiler
It looks like you have to keep reading irrelevant notices till you hit the one you need. I don't know if they are randomly generated but I will say 100% that there's no way I would have kept scrolling through them till something meaningful would pop up
[close]

In addition I would never have guessed the first clue you gave in this thread because
Spoiler
Outside of the UK, plugs don't have fuses. I would never have guessed to open it to remove it
[close]

Anyway, it seems like I'm spending more time on the hints forum than playing, and that's just for the first 2 puzzles. I liked the first game so I'm hoping things pick up from here. Thanks for the help, guys!

Ian Aloser

I don‘t have a savegame for this anymore, but this is what I remember:
Spoiler

Did you look at the ladder in the shop to the left ?
And in the supermarket: Take a close look at the sandwiches,
their date of expiry has been exceeded, talk to the owner about it
It only works if you know what book the man outside is reading, I think
[close]

ddavey1983

Hello all.

Thanks for the feedback on the puzzles, it’s all food for thought! I hadn’t considered that plugs tend not to have fuses outside of the UK.

Please find below how to get the coveted ice pop!

Spoiler
Go into the charity shop and speak to the lady. Look at the ladder and speak to her again. Try to give her the Agatha Christie book. Go to the reclining gentleman and speak to him. Go and look at the drain outside the Spar shop. Go back and get the magnet from the fridge outside the cafe. Affix the magnet to the baton, use the new device to get the coins from the drain, go into the shop and click on the ice cream freezer. After you’ve been refused service, go and look at (or interact with) the sandwiches. Now go and click on the ice cream freezer again.
[close]

Wiggy

Found the 101st point! Eat the edible thing!!

Psychomule

How do you get into the locked room in the basement of the church? Seems I've interacted with everything but can't seem to get it.

ddavey1983

In the church hall ...

Spoiler
you need to Know the door is locked and know there’s something in there worth seeing. So, try the door, speak to the cavalier afterwards.
Then you need to try to get in. You can’t do it on your own and Geoff seems reluctant to help you. He might be persuaded to help if there’s something he wants on the other side of the door
[close]

Psychomule

Thanks for the response.
Spoiler
I've tried to put the thing Geoff would want in the hole by the door, but it says there's no reason to do that yet. I must be missing something.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk