Broken Windows - Chapter 2

Started by SarahLiz, Fri 31/07/2020 05:20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychomule

Nevermind. Got it. Finished the game. Now I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for Chapter 3. LOL

Shadow1000

Spoiler
I got the matches. It has an address. There doesn't seem to be any way to progress from here. The logical thing to do would be to go to the address but I can't really go anywhere, enter the betting shop to get Geoff back into the car or do anything else. What's next?
[close]

Thank you

Never mind...I solved it!

ddavey1983

Try this:
Spoiler
Interact door (You find it’s locked)
Talk to cavalier (he refuses to tell you what’s in there but now you’re sufficiently interested to try to force entry)
Interact door again (you kick it but don’t get in)
Then drop the cigarettes through the hole.
[close]

Just realised it’s been solved!

lanchong

I'm in the flat. How do I
Spoiler
Get Geoff to pick the door? I've given him the skewer, the trident and the wooden pick but he threw them all away.
[close]
Thanks

Shadow1000

Quote from: lanchong on Tue 11/08/2020 11:45:00
I'm in the flat. How do I
Spoiler
Get Geoff to pick the door? I've given him the skewer, the trident and the wooden pick but he threw them all away.
[close]
Thanks

Spoiler
Did you check the garbage can in the kitchen?
[close]

If you want the full solution I'll tell you but that's a big hint..

lanchong

Thank you, Shadow1000  :smiley:
What a great game.

Shadow1000

Quote from: lanchong on Wed 12/08/2020 05:55:20
Thank you, Shadow1000  :smiley:
What a great game.

Glad I could help! Indeed, the game is pretty awesome!

biverix

Hey, folks.

I'm stuck

Spoiler
after investigating the crime scene at the working men's club. I've given all the evidence to Gary the SOCO guy, and checked out the mannequin leg in the rubbish (can't seem to do anything more with it, other than being mocked by Gary). I can't seem to do anything else. Can't go to the back of the building again, can't talk to either my partner or the lady cop, can't use anything on anything as far as I can tell and can't leave the scene. What do! Hjölp!
[close]

I love both of the games so far, really nice puzzle difficulty balancing and well executed retro-graphics.

peter

just go (click) the left side of the screen

selmiak

Spoiler
How do I even get that magazine? I have nothing to trade it for with geoff :P
[close]

peter

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 27/09/2020 22:42:49
Spoiler
How do I even get that magazine? I have nothing to trade it for with geoff :P
[close]

You can found one in the bathroom/cubicle and then look at that magazine in inventory

heltenjon

I'm stuck with 50 points outside the crime scene where I'm talking to SOCO chief Gary Lukic.
Spoiler
I've given him two pieces of evidence: the matchbook and the blood sample. After that, I still can't leave the scene because "there is work to be done", so I suppose there must be something I'm missing in this location. I hope I haven't reached a dead end.
[close]

ddavey1983

Hello! I dearly hope it isn’t a dead end because there shouldn’t be any!

Spoiler
Have you given him the scrap of material?
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: ddavey1983 on Fri 26/03/2021 07:51:07
Hello! I dearly hope it isn’t a dead end because there shouldn’t be any!

Spoiler
Have you given him the scrap of material?
[close]

No, I don't have that item. I hope it's located somewhere in the same location, as I cannot go anywhere else. I'll do some more pixelhunting, then.

EDIT: No, I can't find it. Do I need to backtrack to an earlier savegame?

ddavey1983

Hmmmm

Spoiler
I've gone back and checked and it turns out you CAN leave the shopping parade without the scrap of material. Sorry. You shouldn't be able to do that. I can't believe this is the first time it's come up! I'll amend it and re-upload a fixed version. Thanks for letting me know.
[close]

The bug mentioned above has been removed and a new version uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hate dead ends!

heltenjon

Quote from: ddavey1983 on Fri 26/03/2021 18:08:26
The bug mentioned above has been removed and a new version uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hate dead ends!

I think perhaps what caused me to discover the error in the first place, was that the character moves to an object and effectively stands in front of it afterwards, blocking it from view.This is about the only nitpick I have in an otherwise excellent game.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk