MAGS August "White Elephant" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Mon 03/08/2020 08:32:04

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS August?

Stuck on You by Slasher
5 (41.7%)
The White Elephant by milkanannan
1 (8.3%)
A Prelude to an Adventure by Hobo
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Tue 15/09/2020 10:39:51

DBoyWheeler

I'm kinda working on my own stuff... but I'd chuckle if someone made a game that starred a literal white elephant (anthro or otherwise).

Slasher

Stuck on you

Game updated with some amendments/tweaks..

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2464-stuck-on-you/

milkanannan

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 12/08/2020 05:59:52
Stuck on You

This game was so brilliantly random. (laugh) My son and I finished it, but we're wondering:
Spoiler
do the little X's in the top left corner of every room do or mean anything?
[close]

Also:
Spoiler
my son's the biggest fan of Butcher's Dog now - air guitar all over the place when that came on (laugh)
[close]

Slasher

Hi milkanannan

The little X's in the top left corner of every room returns cursor to arrow when clicked on and removes active inventory cursor image..

Glad your son enjoyed Butcher's dog  (laugh)

Thanks

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 12/08/2020 05:59:52
Stuck on you

I played it. It was really fun and funny and unexpected. Really original theme. Congrats...

heltenjon

KyriakosCH

Thinking of a more creepy first person style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDZRyJxITI

The 3d bit in the end may not actually be in the game. It would link it to my This is the Way.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

Come on guys.... we need more entry's...

I know you can do it... I have seen some good games and ideas so let's have more.....

VampireWombat

Still have almost 2 weeks. No need for anyone to have anything finished yet.

My game has progressed at least. I should be able to have something finished by the deadline no problem. But the amount of content still is undecided...

Hobo

I did actually complete a game this month for the Lowrezjam 2020. If I have enough time next week, I might spruce it up a bit and adjust it to fit the MAGS theme.

I mean, I've done two games with pink elephants, a white one sounds very enticing...

milkanannan

I’ve got something very small in the works, too!

Slasher

With a week to go has anyone got something to show?

VampireWombat

Of course I don't. My game would be kind of boring to post screenshots of at this point. Assuming it ever does reach a point beyond boring...

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 24/08/2020 14:31:00
Of course I don't. My game would be kind of boring to post screenshots of at this point. Assuming it ever does reach a point beyond boring...
I think you should seriously find someone to work with... inspiration etc etc

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 26/08/2020 09:33:06
I think you should seriously find someone to work with... inspiration etc etc
I've tried. More often than not, something goes wrong.
But it's unlikely that even having someone to work with would change things much at this point since it's headaches and heat that are my main enemy.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Hobo on Thu 20/08/2020 16:54:46
I did actually complete a game this month for the Lowrezjam 2020. If I have enough time next week, I might spruce it up a bit and adjust it to fit the MAGS theme.

I mean, I've done two games with pink elephants, a white one sounds very enticing...

What a sweet game! I love the graphic style, non-verbal communication and music. Well-designed puzzles. My only problem playing was that while I realize that being pixelated is part of the art style, it was hard to see some items or identify what they were as a result. Overall a nice experience. I know it's a bit off topic in this thread because it's not an entry in the August MAGS but there's nowhere else to post my comments!

VampireWombat

I've had to make a tough decision. There's no way the game I've worked on would be fun, especially with the time left. So... I'm starting a new game. It won't be the most original, but it hopefully will be more fun.

So, anyone else have any kind of update?

milkanannan

Start a new game with only 24 hours to go? I like your spirit!

I’ll publish mine tomorrow. I just hope I can get a few last tweaks in.

VampireWombat

24 hours? Wait. What? I'm pretty sure I have like 52 1/2 hours until the deadline. The deadline is almost always the end of the last day of the month, right before midnight in England. Which should give me 3 afternoons and 2 evenings to work.

Hobo

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 26/08/2020 15:21:12
What a sweet game...
Thanks for the play and kind comments, Shadow1000. I do agree with you about the readability, but the jam restriction of 64x64 pixels was pretty limiting and in hindsight I made some poor coloring choices. I did make the hotspots slightly larger for most things, so hopefully that helps a bit. And I think it's fine to comment in this thread, since it's basically a MAGS game in production and I didn't want to post it in the database before I it's MAGS ready.

But otherwise, the game is pretty much done, so I'll post it tomorrow for sure. Didn't have time to add a proper fishing mini-game, but managed to polish it up and add some white elephants.

[imgzoom]http://tulevik.eu/ags/mags/Prelude/Fishing.gif[/imgzoom]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk