Blue Odyssey

Started by The creature, Sat 08/08/2020 21:14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

The creature

I'd like to announce Blue Odyssey. A story driven adventure game set around the tropical paradise of Angel Bay! Search the reefs for hidden salvage, artefacts and the wonderful creatures of the deep. Help the locals in their tasks and unravel the dark mystery of the island fathoms deep.

Angel Bay is filled with colourful NPCs, all with their own story, secrets, and tasks to complete. Visit the 'Drowning Sailor Bar' for jobs, gossip or to hire local divers to aid you in your search for treasure.

Explore sunken wrecks and long forgotten temples and raid them for their artefacts and loot!

• Donate artefacts to the Angel Bay museum and unlock the secrets of history.
  • Search up to 13 large dive locations all with their own distinctive look filled with wrecks, sunken caves and lost temples.
  • Upgrade your vessel at the shipyard: increase crew capacity, larger fuel tanks, even a diving bell!
  • Hire and fire local divers to help you scour the depths for treasure, all with their own stats, and special traits!
  • A deep main story line + loads and loads of side quests you can gain from the local islanders.
  • Buy tools and better diving gear to get deeper into the crushing depths.
  • In-Game Achievements

I hope to keep this up to date with features and screenshots as it develops.

Thank you.

arj0n

Interesting concept and looks very nice!
Good luck on your project and hope to see it being released one day.

psst, there's a small typo in the description: In-Game Achievelemts  ;)

Click'd

The 5 in "ANGEL BAY 1952" looks like an S to me. Maybe it IS 19S2, what do I know...

Matti

The mechanics sound interesting and the game looks very nice. I'm looking forward to this one!

The creature

Thanks Matti.

I hope to keep this thread updated, it's not easy though as I'm working through my Nursing degree so that's eating up all the time....

ld-airgrafix

Every time i think AGS is just for point and click adventures, something like this comes out, and surprises me.
Really amazing.

The creature

Fundamentally, it really still is a PNC, but I like to try and utilise AGS it in different ways. I love the engine, the accessibility of it and the amazing community, but there's always things I wish it could do. It probably can, I'm just limited on my coding knowledge (and wish I was better). Thankfully there's usually a module that someone has created that does the trick.

Keep experimenting, keep creating. There are some truly beautiful games made by this community.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk