MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

Stupot

The joint winners for this month we’re Slasher and JackPutter.
Well done guys.

The Spider's Web
by Slasher
DAGGERHELL
by Mandle
My Father's Secret
by JackPutter
Max Fury
by Olleh19

Topic: Cloak and Dagger.
Chosen by Slasher

A private investigator game. Either based on a film / tv private investigator or original. 'Cat and mouse' game, escape death, solve the case and win over the girl....

Previous assets may be used....

What is MAGS?
Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules
Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualize your game following the month's criteria (see above). Second, create your game fuelled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

* A working download link
* The title of your game
* A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fourteen days, and the winner chooses the next month's theme.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Need a little help with graphics? Perhaps The AGS Trove has something you can use.
Don't want to go it alone? Try the Recruitment board.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stupot

Whoops, I posted this in the wrong forum. Could a mod please move it to the competitions board?

Cheers :-)

VampireWombat

Maybe. Depends on the theme. September is going to be a fairly full month as it is since it will hopefully finally be lower temperatures and I plan to start working on things that got pushed back due to heat. But maybe I could find someone to work with? So, yeah. Put me down as as a possible.

Stupot

Anyone else in?

I’m planning to open September’s jam tomorrow, two whole days early.

Watch this space.

Slasher

Well, I like a challenge so I guess I'll be in.....  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Maybe, if I get a decent idea that motivates me into doing anything. My first MAGS was also in September, so... maybe...  ;) (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

I have an experimental idea I'd like to try out so, if the theme fits, I'll give it a try maybe.

Stupot

MAGS September is now officially open.

The theme chosen by Slasher is:

Cloak and Dagger

Check the first post for details.

Mandle

Almost exactly the kind of theme I was hoping for. I'm in most likely!

VampireWombat

I'm still only a maybe. I'd have to think of a fairly good idea to do a game on my own.

But if someone wants to work together....

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 30/08/2020 15:44:39
I'm still only a maybe. I'd have to think of a fairly good idea to do a game on my own.

But if someone wants to work together....
I can help with some ideas and maybe some scripting..

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 30/08/2020 15:48:32
I can help with some ideas and maybe some scripting..
Thanks, but I was hoping for something more like a mutual partnership.

Mandle

So anyway, I am going to start work on my entry tomorrow.

"Mythos Busters"

You control a team of private investigators in the 1920s who get caught up in investigating strange goings-on in the city of (naturally) Arkham.

Stupot

Fucking hell, it’s not even September yet.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 31/08/2020 07:52:06
Fucking hell, it’s not even September yet.

Hahaha, you think that's bad? I went to a job two weeks ago, a lesson I teach every Friday morning. It's about an hour's bicycle ride there (and another hour back) and it was 39 degrees that day.
I got there are the staff was like "Ummmm, Ross-Sensei, it's Thursday today."
So easy to lose track of what day and date it is these days.

VampireWombat

So... anyway.

I might try to make a game this month after all. The theme works well for Urban Fantasy, so maybe I'll finally get around to making one. But first I need to finish this month's game.

If anyone is interested in making an urban fantasy game, let me know. If you're unsure what Urban Fantasy is, the Blackwell series and Unavowed are the best game examples and as well as the Dresden Files and Constantine books/comics.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 31/08/2020 13:04:13
The theme works well for Urban Fantasy

I was actually considering the name "Mythology Busters" and doing an Urban Fantasy theme, but didn't love the idea as much as a Call Of Cthulhu RPG kinda thing.

I think I've also solved the issue of the Lovecraftian monsters never looking as insanity-inducing in onscreen graphics as they are supposed to be in the mythos world...

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 31/08/2020 15:11:43
I think I've also solved the issue of the Lovecraftian monsters never looking as insanity-inducing in onscreen graphics as they are supposed to be in the mythos world...
Sounds interesting. Hopefully it's not a method which can cause seizures.

Gilbert

I've removed a number of posts from this thread.
This thread is about making games and please don't kill the thread by creating dramas based on some very specific wordings.
These kind of discussions about social problems can be place elsewhere, such as the General forum.

Racoon

I will participate this month as well  :) After some stressfull times I finally have free time again and can't wait to start something.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk