MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

Slasher

Quote from: Racoon on Mon 31/08/2020 21:31:22
I will participate this month as well  :) After some stressfull times I finally have free time again and can't wait to start something.
I do hope so  (nod)

Meanwhile, my game is planned out...

Stupot

Reiter

Note me down under a 'perhaps', would you? I have an idea. Possibly.

Slasher

Great to hear we may have more entry's  (nod)

Meanwhile, I have done most of the mechanics and have got a few rooms ready and sorted out a few characters..

The game takes place in a theater where murders have been committed..

"Did the sandbag fall or was it thrown?"
"Who was the shadowy figure on the roof?"
"Maybe a bit of Paganini is called for?"

Play as Dick Casey.....

I am using a variation of my Slasher Template.....

VampireWombat

Dick Casey with his iconic bright orange trench coat and telegram capable watch?

I'm still a maybe. I've thought about it some, but I haven't come up with anything useful yet.

Slasher

Splash image for The Spider's Web

Got 2 rooms set up....

Racoon

I have come up with an idea now, too. It will be a story about a mouse detective. When a mouse from the community is murdered, he has to overcome prejudice to prove the innocence of a cat thats under suspicion. It may sound a bit weird, but I hope I can make it work :D

VampireWombat

I'm now actually a little confused by the theme. I realized and confirmed that Cloak and Dagger refers to spies, secret organizations, etc. So does this mean that both interpretations are equally valid? Or does the P.I. have to investigate some kind of secret organization?

HanaIndiana

I love mysteries! But I don't have a game idea... yet. I love the topic, so I'm going to try to figure something out.  :P

Stupot

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 02/09/2020 22:53:26
I'm now actually a little confused by the theme. I realized and confirmed that Cloak and Dagger refers to spies, secret organizations, etc. So does this mean that both interpretations are equally valid? Or does the P.I. have to investigate some kind of secret organization?
I don’t think it necessarily entails espionage or secret societies. I think it can be used quite broadly. We use it in business, politics, maybe even a family context. Any situation involving a web of lies and backstabbing (metaphorical or otherwise).

Slasher

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 03/09/2020 02:57:36
I don’t think it necessarily entails espionage or secret societies. I think it can be used quite broadly. We use it in business, politics, maybe even a family context. Any situation involving a web of lies and backstabbing (metaphorical or otherwise).
The term 'cloak and dagger', as Stupot says can be broadly used and spying and espionage is just one way to conceive it but is may also reflect murder, mystery and suspense like Columbo or Miss Marple etc etc

If you check out the Topic's sub-heading it is referring to a Detective/P.I...  but you could be a spy solving a case detective style.....

heltenjon

Quote from: Racoon on Wed 02/09/2020 22:18:37
I have come up with an idea now, too. It will be a story about a mouse detective. When a mouse from the community is murdered, he has to overcome prejudice to prove the innocence of a cat thats under suspicion. It may sound a bit weird, but I hope I can make it work :D

I'm getting Mord im Laufrad vibes here! Sounds fun! EDIT: (The English title was Murder in a Wheel.)

Mandle

Still working on GUIs, which is taking a lot of thought and time in this case, but still in!

VampireWombat

I guess I probably shouldn't rely on Tvtropes to clarify genres.

I have vague ideas, but still no main idea.

heltenjon

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 03/09/2020 14:24:45
I guess I probably shouldn't rely on Tvtropes to clarify genres.

I have vague ideas, but still no main idea.

I'm not qualified for mutual partnership, but if you want to play ball with your ideas, feel free to drop me a PM.

VampireWombat

Actually, I just got an idea a few minutes ago that takes it in a completely different direction. A kid detective.

milkanannan

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 02/09/2020 18:24:27
Splash image for The Spider's Web

Got 2 rooms set up....

This already looks good :-D

Slasher

This is the final splash screen..

cipberbloom

Maybe! I have an idea and could actually complete a side project now that I've got an established routine. Would aim to be done within two weeks.

VampireWombat: what's your main focus (story, art, coding)? Did you wind up settling on the kid detective?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk