MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

VampireWombat

Quote from: Skeevy Wonder on Fri 04/09/2020 08:17:55
VampireWombat: what's your main focus (story, art, coding)? Did you wind up settling on the kid detective?
Generally the art ends up being what gets most focused on. Story almost always ends up less than I want. I'm not great at coding, but I have always been able to get what I need done.

Probably. Maybe. Perhaps. Unless a better idea comes up or someone wants to work with me on a game.

DBoyWheeler

@Slasher
The title screen makes me think of a Case Closed (JP: Detective Conan) episode.  Still cool, though.

Starting to look like a cool competition so far.

Slasher

Hi

The Spider's Web

My game entry is split into 2 parts... Part 1 is almost complete.

Who was the shadowy figure on the theater rooftop you saw climbing down the ladder?

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 07/09/2020 07:48:19
Who was the shadowy figure on the theater rooftop you saw climbing down the ladder?

Oops, sorry, that was just me. i was up on the roof sneaking a cig because I promised my wife I would quit. Excuse me for causing all the bother with people thinking there was a mysterious villain around and all...

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 07/09/2020 13:55:31
Oops, sorry, that was just me. i was up on the roof sneaking a cig because I promised my wife I would quit. Excuse me for causing all the bother with people thinking there was a mysterious villain around and all...
Dick Casey: "I should arrest you Mandle for leaving fag butts on the roof and being sneaky behind your wife's back, you villain (laugh)

Stupot

Disclaimer for non-Brits: “Fag butts” has a totally innocent meaning in the UK.

JackPutter

I'm delighted to see so much activity in a MAGS thread! I have a simple enough idea that I might try to get together, but I'm experimenting with a completely new style of graphics so it might not work out. Plus it's been MONTHS since I coded anything, so I might have lost my AGS scripting abilities! We'll see how it turns out...

VampireWombat

No one saw anything.  8-)

I still haven't come up with much for my game. But maybe I will do some programming this afternoon using stand in graphics...

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 07/09/2020 17:04:46
No one saw anything.  8-)
I saw it  (roll)

How can Dick the 'Tec  avoid certain death from the deadly, Golden scorpion's sting?

Part 1 of 2 is complete and i am well into part 2.....

Uses a variation of my Slasher Template....

milkanannan

Slasher do you do your art from scratch? Or is it created using a photo? It’s a cool style. Very unique.

Slasher

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 08/09/2020 08:06:47
Slasher do you do your art from scratch? Or is it created using a photo? It’s a cool style. Very unique.
Well, more often than not, I take my existing backgrounds (not photos) and manipulate them to the way I want.. I'm no drawing artist ;)

Some are from blank room templates that I amend to my liking like shape, colors etc.

Whatever it takes to make a game instead of whining about my lack of skills in that department...

Thanks for your comments.....

Racoon

Hey guys, I am also working on my game. After a few days of procrastination, I started by making a walk cycle for my main character. He kind of looks like he is walking a bit too energetic, but I will take it as it is now.

Slasher

Quote from: Racoon on Tue 08/09/2020 14:54:08
Hey guys, I am also working on my game. After a few days of procrastination, I started by making a walk cycle for my main character. He kind of looks like he is walking a bit too energetic, but I will take it as it is now.

Looks great to me mate ;)... any progress on your idea?

Meanwhile...........

Dick the 'Tec: The Spider's Web

Can Madame la Merre of the Follies La Rouge help Dick the 'Tec?

Meeting the girls on stage at the Follies La Rouge.

Edit: Game progress now 80%...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 08/09/2020 08:26:30
Whatever it takes to make a game instead of whining about my lack of skills in that department...

That's why you get games finished!!! You and Ed Wood will have a lot to talk about in heaven, and that is in no way a bad thing.

Much better than obsessing over a game for years and then getting bummed out when the reception did not equal the effort.

GO SLASHER!!!

EDIT: I had an inspiration to work on my own game today, and I will tomorrow maybe, and everything I said about it so far may have changed.

VampireWombat

Things for the $104 Adventure Game Challenge have ballooned where I'm not likely to work much, if at all, on my game until the 28th. So, I'm still a maybe.
I have enough figured out that I can make the game in 3 days. I just don't know if I'll have the energy and motivation by then.

Slasher

Hi Mandle,  Me and Ed Wood may well have a lot in common  (laugh)

Hope you complete an entry  (nod)

VampireWombat: I hope you do find the energy and motivation  (nod)

Slasher

Hi

Dick the 'Tec: The Spider's Web

Game is 100%, now testing...

The first part of this game is not linear as rooms can be done in any order.

Sometimes there is more than one solution to a problem...

Left Click: Interact/Use Inv...  Right Click: Look/Use Inv

VampireWombat

I did get some foundations done at least. I'll probably end up using modified versions of Maniac Mansion Mania stuff to be able to get the game done. I plan to work on it some today. Hopefully I will actually finish the game this time.

Slasher

Dick the 'tec: The Spider's Web

A game of cat and mouse as you investigate deaths at the Follies la Rouge theater and end up walking into a Spiders's Web of sin and murder... and confronting your nemesis, Henretty!

You are Dick the 'tec, the best Dick in town....

This game is in two parts... Part one can be done in any order...and sometimes there is more than one solution to a problem.

Uses a variation of my Slasher Template ..

Left Click: Interact/Use Inventory/Walk
Right Click: Look/Use Inventory/Walk

Please report to me of any issues and I will rectify...thanks...

Small issues resolved.. 13th/14th Sept....

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2467-the-spider-s-web

Can Madame la Merre of the Follies La Rouge help Dick the 'tec?

Meeting the girls on stage at the Follies La Rouge.

How can Dick the 'tec  avoid certain death from the deadly, Golden scorpion's sting?

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2467-the-spider-s-web

JackPutter

I got a promotion at work which is great because it means twice the hours and twice the wonga, but unfortunately it seriously cuts down my free time. I'll still try to complete my entry but it may be much more simple than I initially intended.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk