MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

Cassiebsg

I'm not sure twice the hours is a good thing, but twice the "wonga" is definitely a good thing. So congrats on the promotion! :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

HanaIndiana

My state is on fire, and without going into detail... I've been having an insane week. Smoke is keeping me indoors pretty much, so I am very very grateful to have MAGS to keep my mind off things. Love what's been done by everyone so far!  :)

heltenjon

Quote from: JackPutter on Sat 12/09/2020 14:36:40
I got a promotion at work which is great because it means twice the hours and twice the wonga, but unfortunately it seriously cuts down my free time. I'll still try to complete my entry but it may be much more simple than I initially intended.

Dude, that isn't a promotion. You got cloned.

Slasher

HanaIndiana: Hope the fires/smoke don't affect you too much and you are ok....

Dick the 'tec: The Spider's Web

Please report to me of any issues and I will rectify...thanks...

A small issue resolved.. 13th Sept....

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2467-the-spider-s-web

PS... People are asked to add some feedback on a game's database page for people to see and to encourage and help developers.....

Mandle

Opened up the game and got a bit of work done on it today. Not sure if it was positive work or not, but at least it is work....

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 13/09/2020 09:46:51
Opened up the game and got a bit of work done on it today. Not sure if it was positive work or not, but at least it is work....
I'm sure it was positive and at least you are working on it....GO MANDLE GO  (laugh)

HanaIndiana

Thanks @slasher! I played your game and really like it  :grin:

I got stuck though, and I don't know what I'm missing. I'm assuming its me and not a bug:

Spoiler
I found enough clues where I can only go to the stage and the basement. The stage is empty (though he does say Hi to the girls, but they aren't visible). And I can't seem to do anything in the basement. I recently grabbed the broom.
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Sun 13/09/2020 18:16:54
Thanks @slasher! I played your game and really like it  :grin:

I got stuck though, and I don't know what I'm missing. I'm assuming its me and not a bug:

Spoiler
I found enough clues where I can only go to the stage and the basement. The stage is empty (though he does say Hi to the girls, but they aren't visible). And I can't seem to do anything in the basement. I recently grabbed the broom.
[close]
Ah,i need to disable stage talk if girls not there., in fact you should not go there if they are gone (new upload).. what places can you now go to?

You will auto go to basement when you have all the clues etc etc

Did you check out the face? Can you go Madame's?

That's the trouble with randomness.

HanaIndiana

I downloaded it again. I'm not talking to missing girls on stage anymore.  :smiley:
Still stuck though, is it me?

Spoiler
I talked to everyone and have the broom. I'm able to go to the Madam's office and the Basement. Madam left to call police, so her office is empty. I can't figure out how to move along.
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Sun 13/09/2020 19:25:16
I downloaded it again. I'm not talking to missing girls on stage anymore.  :smiley:
Still stuck though, is it me?

Spoiler
I talked to everyone and have the broom. I'm able to go to the Madam's office and the Basement. Madam left to call police, so her office is empty. I can't figure out how to move along.
[close]
i have just updated download... couple of tweaks..

Once you have completed all girls dialogs including haunted and stone face you will not need to return to stage after leaving.

Spoiler

Have you checked the rosters and looked at all the files in Madames'?
[close]

Can you stay with me for a while?

EDIT: 14th Sept... New version uploaded..

milkanannan

I just finished it. Very nice entry, Slasher. I didn't encounter any bugs. The dialogue and pacing moved along without a hitch.

HanaIndiana

milkanannan

Still over half a month to go. Slasher, for you that’s enough tine to build a second entry.  (laugh)

Slasher

Cheers guys..

Quote from: milkanannan on Mon 14/09/2020 02:46:04
Still over half a month to go. Slasher, for you that’s enough tine to build a second entry.  (laugh)
I need the rest of the time to recoup  (laugh)

Slasher

*** Few bits of grammar/spelling fixed...  Basement roof cleaned up... Active inventory x now viewable during close up of stone face...

HanaIndiana

I have a shell of a game done (yay!) I'm hoping to have time to go back and add actual walk cycles, animations, cut scenes. So it actually looks like a real game  :grin:
And I'm adding an old-school score element because why not.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 15/09/2020 05:30:31

I played this game on Monday. My impression is that this is probably one of the best releases Slasher has done to date and among the best MAGS entries I've seen. A few quirky solutions to puzzles but otherwise well-paced, a good difficulty level, good story and objective and hits the theme on the bullseye. I might have more to add during the vote but really good work, Slasher.

Slasher

Thank you for your nice comments Shadow1000  (nod)

Hopefully more games to come from people..

Mandle

Still a chance I might get my game in as I have a bit of spare time available without work or wife at home over the next few days.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 19/09/2020 17:44:21
Still a chance I might get my game in as I have a bit of spare time available without work or wife at home over the next few days.
While the wife's away Mandle will be free to make a game  (laugh) Here's hoping... not had a game from you in a while....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk