MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

Slasher

Quote from: JackPutter on Mon 28/09/2020 15:40:34
My entry is currently in a mostly-playable state but is still missing one or two major puzzle pieces. I am working today and tomorrow on long shifts, but I am off on Wednesday so if I knuckle down I should be able to tie up all the loose ends before the deadline!
One day to go.. Run jack, run.. and you to VampireWombat....and anyone else..

Don't let it be like an old Adam Faith song: Lonely Pup In A Christmas Shop  (laugh)

VampireWombat

I'm pretty sure I have things to the point where the hardest part will be making a walk cycle for the player character. So, today I plan to make 1-4 cases and finish up tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to make a large case as I had originally thought. Just going to keep the cases fairly simple and hopefully fun.

Mandle

My initial project grew out of control and I couldn't come anywhere near finishing it, so I put together this entry in 5 hours from start to finish at the last moment:

DAGGERHELL

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2474-daggerhell/

A game made in 5 hours for the Sept 2020 MAGS, Cloak And Dagger Theme.
Just keep running right while avoiding the cursed daggers of death.
Every now and then you might find a magic cloak. It may save you one time from a stabbing.
Things get harder the further you progress.
Can you make it to room 66?

Slasher

Mandle: Neat idea  (laugh)

Just giving it a whirl....

Olleh19

I'm working so hard here, damn it! It will be so short tho the game, but i still hope it will be enjoyable. (laugh)

Slasher

Quote from: Olleh19 on Wed 30/09/2020 17:33:44
I'm working so hard here, damn it! It will be so short tho the game, but i still hope it will be enjoyable. (laugh)
You can do it..... go for it.....  (nod)

Olleh19

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 30/09/2020 17:48:27
Quote from: Olleh19 on Wed 30/09/2020 17:33:44
You can do it..... go for it.....  (nod)

It is my first attempt at finishing A GAME so it's very important to me! Even tho i will not be 100% satistifed that is for sure. So many issues, but at least the puzzle can be solved! 23:59 tonight probably  (laugh)

JackPutter

My Father's Secret

Your father abandoned you as a child. After many years of searching, you have tracked down where he lives. What awaits you in this mysterious house on the hill?

GAME LINK: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2475-my-father-s-secret

It was touch and go there for a while, but I finally got my entry completed! My poor little laptop almost died about twice while rendering the graphics. I knew basically nothing about 3D modelling when I started this project and I have learned SO much in the past month... if I was to start again from scratch I would do it in an entirely different way! This works as-is though, but that said, if anyone finds any bugs or mistakes please let me know!

FEATURES:

• Stunning full motion video!
  • Crisp 320x200 resolution!
  • "Ultra-realistic" 3D environments!
  • First-person perspective for an immersive exploration experience!

Slasher

Excellent 3D work  (nod)

Is the file size correct?

JackPutter

Slasher - Thank you! The file size was not correct, I had an extra zero at the end! It's actually 126.86 MB (a bit large) instead of 1.27GB (insanely gigantic) so I have edited the game page to reflect that.

VampireWombat

I lacked the energy to complete my game. Good luck to anyone still working.

Olleh19

I am working, however my sideview animation is not complete. Fuck it, You have to run around with front view only! Can i re-upload later once i fixed it? I hope so...Cause it will probably take some days, animation is hard!!! I overestimated my animation abilities completely..

Reiter

I fear that I shall have to withdraw. My project will simply not do, certainly not this side of Christmas. It was rather more to chew than I would have expected.

Best of luck, however, to everyone still at work!

For interest, my idea was based upon an ancient, ancient game, called B1: Nuclear Bomber. It has not aged well at all, but it is a curiosity. A sort of text parser game, set inside the cockpit of a strategic bomber.

I might try this again, at some point.

Fascinating entries, by the by! Well done!

Olleh19

I will not withdraw i just need confirmation that i can upload the game like in 15 minutes or something, just adding ending screens... (laugh) I didn't touch a single thing other then that, i respect the rules. I have no more time to work on the game for this contest. It is what it is, and the animations failed me. (laugh)

:Edit: Well this sucks, i can't upload the game to the AGS games feature.  Is firefox as a browser a known "bugger"? I guess i have to try another..

heltenjon

Quote from: Olleh19 on Wed 30/09/2020 23:37:52
I will not withdraw i just need confirmation that i can upload the game like in 15 minutes or something, just adding ending screens... (laugh) I didn't touch a single thing other then that, i respect the rules. I have no more time to work on the game for this contest. It is what it is, and the animations failed me. (laugh)

:Edit: Well this sucks, i can't upload the game to the AGS games feature.  Is firefox as a browser a known "bugger"? I guess i have to try another..

Olleh19, just ask Stupot for a short extension. If you're basically finished, but have troubles uploading your game, he'll probably allow it. The more entries, the better.

You need to upload the game to a site (like itch.io or Google Disk or some other upload/download site), then provide the link in the form on this site. This site doesn't hold the games. Does that help any? If you have trouble with the form, you can post the link in this thread and sort out the AGS database form later.

Stupot

@Olleh. The game doesn't necessarily have to be uploaded to AGS database. If you have a Mediafire or Dropbox link, for example, that is okay too.

I'm setting up the table and stuff soon because this is the only window of opportunity I've got, but I will add yours to the list if you can submit it to this thread in the next day or so.

@Everyone. It would be great to see more entries. It's all I want, really. One of the best ways to make sure you have a game to submit at the end of it is if you make a tiny game. Plan small, then cut it in half. Find shortcuts (e.g. walkcycles are time-consuming so I just make my characters static or have it in the first person).

Plan to have your game playable and submittable with a week to spare. This way you have a week to fix bugs, add some flourishes and maybe even get someone to test it.

Plan to submit it a day or so early. This way, if there are any technical issues with uploading, they can be sorted out in time.

Stupot

Thanks for the entries, guys. voting time is upon us.
Please vote using the poll above.

The Spider's Web
by Slasher
DAGGERHELL
by Mandle
My Father's Secret
by JackPutter
Max Fury
by Olleh19

Olleh19

morganw

Olleh19

Quote from: morganw on Thu 01/10/2020 15:24:18
Quote from: Olleh19 on Thu 01/10/2020 13:36:55
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2476-max-fury
Did you add a download link for it? At the moment I think the download button just shows an empty area with no links.

*busted* check again. I found a MAJOR crash bugg i had to fix it, i know it's probably against the rules, and i'm ok with that. I had a lot of fun!!

Btw, if i've known this PROPS to AGS Community's file uploading feature. It's so great that you can go in and edit the linkagain without having to re-type all information, etc.
Once you've found new bugs that you've missed!

Edit again: About my little game there are four achievements that can be made! Please let me know how you do guys and girls!  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk