MAGS September “Cloak and Dagger” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 18/08/2020 01:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite game of MAGS October?

The Spider's Web by Slasher
5 (50%)
DAGGERHELL by Mandle
0 (0%)
My Father's Secret by JackPutter
5 (50%)
Max Fury by Olleh19
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/10/2020 09:42:15

brewton

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 30/09/2020 22:35:48
I lacked the energy to complete my game. Good luck to anyone still working.

Me too. I have accrued several MAGS games in various stages of completion since 2016.

Mandle

Quote from: Olleh19 on Thu 01/10/2020 15:30:42
I found a MAJOR crash bugg i had to fix it, i know it's probably against the rules, and i'm ok with that.

I believe bug fixes after the time limit is up are legal as long as no new content is added to the game. We pretty much run on the honor system with MAGS as it's more a personal challenge/motivation to allow people to actually finish and release games than a dead-serious contest. There's no palpable prize for winning except some personal pride and the right to decide the next theme, so there's no reason to cheat.

Olleh19

That's how i've deicided to understand the rules too! However i did add some verbs now, so i guess techically i cheated, but no art was changed, everything like that was kept. To my defense i did add these features before the deadline but forgot to hit the save button it seems.DOH! (roll)

However i'm not "in the contest" as from what i can see on that poll right now, i hope that changes since the game was playable last night i just wished my firefox wuold have let me upload but it was not working properly. Really weird glitch where i couldnt paste in the URL for googledrive, now i'm using mediafire tho.

Stupot

@Olleh, your game is now included in the voting. Sorry for the delay.

It's okay to go in and fix game-breaking bugs during voting. We want voters to actually have a game that runs on their machine and is somewhat playable. But remember that this is a challenge to see what you can do in a given month, so any tinkering you do after that, including fixing minor glitches, is against the spirit of the competition.

Ideally, come the 1st of the month you will be thinking about your next entry (laugh)

Olleh19

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 02/10/2020 01:31:54

It's okay to go in and fix game-breaking bugs during voting. We want voters to actually have a game that runs on their machine and is somewhat playable. But remember that this is a challenge to see what you can do in a given month, so any tinkering you do after that, including fixing minor glitches, is against the spirit of the competition.

Ideally, come the 1st of the month you will be thinking about your next entry (laugh)

Thanks, whats even funnier is i managed to upload a faulthy rar, but it's fixed now, so now it should be playable. My AGS lucks just keeps on continuing. If i can mess things up, I SURE as H..will do so, it seems. I think i had AGS opened while zipping down the compiled folder and that made it freak out somehow. (laugh)

milkanannan

Those of you having to throw in the towel with unfinished projects: why not roll these projects over to next month? Tying a cloak and dagger into a ‘darkness’ wouldn’t be the biggest stretch. :=

Alright, let’s give My Father’s Secret a go... :cool:

milkanannan

JackPutter: I love this entry! Quick question for you...

Spoiler
My character got freaked out, ran out the front door, and then was killed. Is this the only ending to the game? I see an unexplored bathroom and two rooms leading off from the mystery box room.
[close]

milkanannan

Quote from: Olleh19 on Fri 02/10/2020 01:43:29

Thanks, whats even funnier is i managed to upload a faulthy rar, but it's fixed now, so now it should be playable. My AGS lucks just keeps on continuing. If i can mess things up, I SURE as H..will do so, it seems. I think i had AGS opened while zipping down the compiled folder and that made it freak out somehow. (laugh)

Hi Olleh19,

Argh I'm having problems these days opening rar files. Is it at all possible to get your game as a zip? Sorry to be a pain.

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 04:27:47
Those of you having to throw in the towel with unfinished projects: why not roll these projects over to next month? Tying a cloak and dagger into a ‘darkness’ wouldn’t be the biggest stretch. :=

That's kind of against the rules.

Olleh19

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 04:45:04

Hi Olleh19,

Argh I'm having problems these days opening rar files. Is it at all possible to get your game as a zip? Sorry to be a pain.

I used Winrar and rar, tell me your prefered format and i'll upload it :)

I mean winzip, or whatever program is "standard" over here, i really dont know what AGS'ers use!

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 02/10/2020 04:51:33

Oh sorry ~ yeah that makes sense.

milkanannan

Quote from: Olleh19 on Fri 02/10/2020 07:55:28
Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 04:45:04

Hi Olleh19,

I used Winrar and rar, tell me your prefered format and i'll upload it :)

I mean winzip, or whatever program is "standard" over here, i really dont know what AGS'ers use!

Do you mind posting a link to .zip?

Olleh19

heltenjon

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 08:18:41

But there's been a couple of MAGS where the theme has been to complete unfinished projects.

milkanannan

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 02/10/2020 08:42:34

But there's been a couple of MAGS where the theme has been to complete unfinished projects.

Ah ok that’s a very good idea.

milkanannan

JackPutter

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 04:43:17

Spoiler
My character got freaked out, ran out the front door, and then was killed. Is this the only ending to the game? I see an unexplored bathroom and two rooms leading off from the mystery box room.
[close]

I am so glad you enjoyed my game, thank you very much! With regards to your question...

Spoiler
... Yes, that is the only ending. I designed a whole house to explore but didn't have time to implement everything I had planned. This led to multiple rooms not being used. I did my best with the camera angles and kept some out of sight but others like the bathroom were impossible to avoid. Apologies for any confusion caused!
[close]

Olleh19

Quote from: JackPutter on Fri 02/10/2020 10:32:10
Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 02/10/2020 04:43:17

Spoiler
[close]

I am so glad you enjoyed my game, thank you very much! With regards to your question...

Spoiler
... Yes, that is the only ending. I designed a whole house to explore but didn't have time to implement everything I had planned. This led to multiple rooms not being used. I did my best with the camera angles and kept some out of sight but others like the bathroom were impossible to avoid. Apologies for any confusion caused!
[close]

I've played your game too, the father portrait was really creepy along with the music, good job  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Unless the MAGS winner decides to make a topic like "Finish a previously started MAGS game that you never finished..."  ;)  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Olleh19

Hey Guys and Girls that downloaded my game, please do it again! I have had fatal issues, cause there was so much involved in creating my room/game, i think everything should be in place now.
Sorry for those who got confused with chord laying all over the floor when it shouldn't be there, and so on......SORRY! <3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk