Absurdistan - Demo available

Started by Pogwizd, Sat 22/08/2020 10:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ukz530

It looks great.!  :)

It is interesting because there is a culture or setting that cannot be seen in our country.

Spoiler

Blocked in the number puzzle after the elevator.

It looks like it's related to math,   

I'm not good at math, so puzzles are a little difficult.  (roll)

but I'll keep trying.
[close]

Pogwizd

I'm really glad you like it. My goal was to show something that isn't particularly popular in the mainstream :)

The puzzle is indeed mathematical. Here is a hint on one of the solutions to put you on the right track:
Spoiler

You must start by incrementing the initial value by 2. Also, remember you don't need to use all the buttons!

I'm being a bit enigmatic on purpose, as I don't want to spoil the fun too much ;)
[close]

However, if you are still stuck, here's the full solution:
Spoiler

Press 4,6 and 2. Then press the button to the right.
[close]

SarahLiz

Very nice!  It’s on my playlist to try out today!  Can’t wait...it looks great.  :)

Pogwizd

Thanks SarahLiz, hope you will enjoy it :) Feel free to share your opinion - any feedback is welcome :)

FireFlower

Looks fun! Like the simplistic style.
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

Pogwizd

Hi all,

Here is a short update on the situation with my game:

Absurdistan is far from being dead :) After finishing the demo I had to take a short break due to new family commitments, but since late January I have been slowly getting momentum again.

Nevertheless, it's still a long way before the game is finished, but I believe that thanks to the following it should be much easier now:

- after having come back to the game, I was surprised how robust and reusable the interface seemed to be, so I hope I will be able to focus more on making the further content and not on core functionalities;

- most of (well, all but one) gui/panel puzzles have been successfully coded and now are ready to be ported over;

- the whole game is planned out, so unless I come up with one of those turning everything upside-down ideas, it should be a matter of following my notes;

- all rooms, objects, and characters are drawn (some characters need additional animations, though);

So yeah... probably I am making it sound a little bit easier than it is, but I want to believe it will be a pretty straight-forward process (I know it won't...).

I am not going to lie: the biggest mistake I made is going solo for such a long game, but having gone this far I don't want to give up.

When working on post-demo parts of the game, I've been thinking about breaking the game into chapters, but due to its nature that won't be possible. So, what I may do instead is release at some point an extended version of the demo (for those who played the original demo I may add a cheatcode of some sort to skip to the new parts) and then take another break.

Edit: I've removed concept art, because due to lack of time I had to cut them out from the game.

newwaveburritos

Happy to hear that progress is still being made!  I look forward to the extended demo.

Pogwizd

Hi all,

Not sure how but I think I've managed to finish Absurdistan. Sadly, due to time limitations I had to cut out a few (brilliant) ideas I had, but the game still offers 40 min (or so) of gameplay.

However, it would be great to to have it proofread and   tested by a few people before I roll it out. If you think you could/would like to help me here's a link to the recruitment post: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59099.0

Also, the game has a poster now :) (I added it to the first post in this thread)

Kastchey

Congratulations! Looking forward to the final release :)

Pogwizd

Thanks Kastchey, I find it very encouraging to know someone is looking forward to it :)

Michael2968

I enjoyed the demo and I look forward to the full game when you release it.

Pogwizd

Thanks for playing the demo : ) As it happens, I've just rolled out the full version of the game and you can find it at https://lazy-squirrel.itch.io/absurdistan :) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk