Author Topic: Absurdistan - Demo available  (Read 2883 times)

Re: Absurdistan - Demo available
« Reply #20 on: 25 Oct 2020, 06:45 »
It looks great.!  :)

It is interesting because there is a culture or setting that cannot be seen in our country.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blocked in the number puzzle after the elevator.

It looks like it's related to math,   

I'm not good at math, so puzzles are a little difficult.  (roll)

but I'll keep trying.

Pogwizd

• Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
    • Pogwizd worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2020, 10:15 »
I'm really glad you like it. My goal was to show something that isn't particularly popular in the mainstream :)

The puzzle is indeed mathematical. Here is a hint on one of the solutions to put you on the right track:

You must start by incrementing the initial value by 2. Also, remember you don't need to use all the buttons!

I'm being a bit enigmatic on purpose, as I don't want to spoil the fun too much ;)

However, if you are still stuck, here's the full solution:

Press 4,6 and 2. Then press the button to the right.

« Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2020, 16:24 »
Very nice!  It’s on my playlist to try out today!  Can’t wait...it looks great.  :)

Pogwizd

« Reply #23 on: 25 Oct 2020, 21:51 »
Thanks SarahLiz, hope you will enjoy it :) Feel free to share your opinion - any feedback is welcome :)

« Reply #24 on: 26 Oct 2020, 20:18 »
Looks fun! Like the simplistic style.
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

Pogwizd

« Reply #25 on: 14 Mar 2021, 12:48 »
Hi all,

Here is a short update on the situation with my game:

Absurdistan is far from being dead :) After finishing the demo I had to take a short break due to new family commitments, but since late January I have been slowly getting momentum again.

Nevertheless, it's still a long way before the game is finished, but I believe that thanks to the following it should be much easier now:

- after having come back to the game, I was surprised how robust and reusable the interface seemed to be, so I hope I will be able to focus more on making the further content and not on core functionalities;

- most of (well, all but one) gui/panel puzzles have been successfully coded and now are ready to be ported over;

- the whole game is planned out, so unless I come up with one of those turning everything upside-down ideas, it should be a matter of following my notes;

- all rooms, objects, and characters are drawn (some characters need additional animations, though);

So yeah... probably I am making it sound a little bit easier than it is, but I want to believe it will be a pretty straight-forward process (I know it won't...).

I am not going to lie: the biggest mistake I made is going solo for such a long game, but having gone this far I don't want to give up.

When working on post-demo parts of the game, I've been thinking about breaking the game into chapters, but due to its nature that won't be possible. So, what I may do instead is release at some point an extended version of the demo (for those who played the original demo I may add a cheatcode of some sort to skip to the new parts) and then take another break.

Here are two room concepts, you may find interesting :)

newwaveburritos

• Party Weekend
    • newwaveburritos worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #26 on: 15 Mar 2021, 03:04 »
Happy to hear that progress is still being made!  I look forward to the extended demo.