Back to school

Started by Slasher, Thu 27/08/2020 07:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Here in the UK the Prime Minister (Boris Johnson) has opened up schools... He says that senior schools will need to wear a mask.  The juniors will not need to wear a mask and apparently they will undergo a mist spray to help protect them from the virus. They will all continue social distancing..... What are the schools doing in your country and will you be sending them back?

heltenjon

In Norway the schools are open. There is social distancing, anitibac everywhere, restrictions on where pupils or students can go/how many can be in a room at the same time. Rooms are cleaned after use, and the older students wipe their own desk and chair when moving to another classroom. As much as possible is moved outdoors, like phys ed. There is also an awareness of having digital solutions after last semester, when the schools were thrown in at the deep end. There is no mask use in schools that I know of, although there may be recommendations about wearing them on the school buses coming soon. The pupils are mainly working with the same people every day.

There is little to no covid spread in my area at the moment, so I have no qualms about sending my kids to school. Football for the kids has started again, and piano lessons (they had to wait for some detergent that didn't harm the instrument), while some other activities, like choir practice or indoors climbing still are closed down.

Cassiebsg

Here in Denmark it's more or less the same scenario as in Norway, kids been in school since the second week of August.
Face masks or visor is now mandatory on all public transports and stations/bus stops as of last Saturday (though not for children under 12).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

milkanannan

It's similar here in UAE, but kindergarten classrooms have plexiglass dividers between desks. Classes are live-streamed, so anyone electing to stay home can keep up with the other kids. From Grade 1 onwards, students are rotated between in-class/home, so there's never more than about a third of the class in the classroom at any single time. Everyone has to wear masks all the time. Everything is disinfected after every lesson.

National numbers have come down, but we have had cases in the community here in the past, so we'll see how this goes.

Slasher, I'm not crazy about these antibacterial mist-spray things, especially daily use among little kids. I'm thankful our school has no plans to do this.

N0ra8

The winter semester 2021/2022 was not as terrible as the previous semesters here in Berlin. It is finally possible for fully vaccinated or recovered students to attend classes. Of course, there's still a mask regime and a requirement to maintain social distance. But it's better than it used to be.
To be honest, I had a hard time learning online. I felt demotivated and tired. Too little social interaction and too many writing tasks, different presentations (thanks to these guys http://slidepeak.com/powerpoint-redesign they helped me a few times to polish my presentations), etc. I mean even for me it was rough, although I love to write and all.

Mandle

Schools are open here in Japan, or closed, or open again, or closed again... it's extremely confusing as it's up to every district what to do and I have tried to find solid information and failed. When I think I've found it, real life experience contradicts what I read.

N0ra8

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 16/02/2022 22:45:15
Schools are open here in Japan, or closed, or open again, or closed again... it's extremely confusing as it's up to every district what to do and I have tried to find solid information and failed. When I think I've found it, real life experience contradicts what I read.

I've read that Japan is about to ease entrance for foreign students and those who travel on a business starting this March. Similar news from pretty much everywhere. So hopefully everything's gonna get to normal soon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk