Graphically pleasing

Started by BarbWire, Wed 21/10/2020 16:04:37

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbWire

My Geforce, 600 series, graphics card recently gave up the ghost after years of faithful service. As my PC is five or six years old
it was unlikely that it could be replaced by one of the 2000 series cards. I did some research and found that Currys/PC World had
an Asus GeForce GT1030 2 GB Phoenix Graphics Card for the very reasonable price of £85. If bought with an adapter it came to £97.
I ordered online to pick up in store. So, armed with compulsory mask, I visited Currys and spent fifteen fruitless minutes answering
various questions on my mobile in an attempt to pick up the item. In the end I had to find an elusive member of staff and ask for help.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I arrived home and installed the card. However, when I examined the adapter, I found it was DVI-I
and not DVI-D. It states this on the card, if you actually look. Luckily I found a local store that had one in stock. I hope the card continues
to give good service abw. Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed both look and play well.   

Olleh19

Quote from: BarbWire on Wed 21/10/2020 16:04:37

My Geforce, 600 series, graphics card recently gave up the ghost after years of faithful service. As my PC is five or six years old
it was unlikely that it could be replaced by one of the 2000 series cards. I did some research and found that Currys/PC World had
an Asus GeForce GT1030 2 GB Phoenix Graphics Card for the very reasonable price of £85. If bought with an adapter it came to £97.
I ordered online to pick up in store. So, armed with compulsory mask, I visited Currys and spent fifteen fruitless minutes answering
various questions on my mobile in an attempt to pick up the item. In the end I had to find an elusive member of staff and ask for help.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I arrived home and installed the card. However, when I examined the adapter, I found it was DVI-I
and not DVI-D. It states this on the card, if you actually look. Luckily I found a local store that had one in stock. I hope the card continues
to give good service abw. Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed both look and play well.

Hehe, i'm on a 9year old machine. The closest i've been to crash (which almost made me re-order a computer). was a HD crash after 9years. New HD and up and running again with same gear.
Hold your thumbs it will keep up for 10years. I'm already at a record length for a pc.
I have a radeon 3gb r9 290x or was it 280. I bought mine used, so probably will crash sooner or later.  (laugh)
I don't play much games tho. Mario Kart on Wi-u emulation, or the dolphin emulator cause i'm too lazy and it looks worse on the original hardwares. Why emulation is so amazing. Improves the games look so much! :)

Those conversions can be a nightmare, i am using all ports on mine, DVI, Displayport AND a hdmi, haha!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk