Do you like this intro?

Started by KyriakosCH, Wed 09/09/2020 07:31:37

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJODbx_kGY

I made it for my youtube channel, but some may recognize I used part of the scene for This is the Way ;)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

To short really to comment..

KyriakosCH

Channel intros can't be long  (wrong)

Mandle

To be honest, it is way too short. I doubt anyone who watches this will even see what happened in the short clip, and then it's just blackness and an appeal to subscribe.

You can make it at least 30 seconds or so and include some more content that might get people more interested than this would.

Also, most channel intros include some information, usually spoken by the creator, but could just be text, about what the channel is about, what its content is expected to be, and what the viewer will get out of watching it.

The ringing musical effect is also a bit weird for a horror channel. Maybe make it some tones lower, or go with a different sound effect, like just the sound of the head coming off?!  8-0

KyriakosCH

Sorry, I used the wrong term... I meant "video intro". As in a bit playing just before each video starts.
An actual channel intro would certainly need to be much longer and informative!

Babar

Not sure what sort of content your videos would have, but the intro video doesn't make any sense. A person is standing in some garishly wallpapered corridor, and then someone offscreen throws a laser discus and beheads him?
What point are you trying to communicate? What sense are you trying to give with the intro? How does laser-beheaded man communicate philosophy of horror?

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

KyriakosCH

The scene is from a computer game I have made (This is the Way), which in turn is one part of the video lists in the channel :)

That said, you aren't wrong. Maybe I'll replace it with some flashing photos of authors.

Babar

Ah, I see. I suppose an iconic bit of one's work is totally valid as a sort of identifier (for example Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment company taking its name from one of his works and its logo from another), but I feel if it isn't either a reasonably well-known work, or the item itself isn't reasonably clear, it would just cause confusion.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Mandle

It's just too fast to actually absorb what happened. I had to watch at least 3 times before I even realized his head came off, and I was concentrating.

Also, it's probably best not to put "Like and subscribe" in the intro of your videos. A newcomer will be turned off immediately!

You do that in the outro, or at least past the halfway point.

Retro Wolf

What you need is some explosions and a picture of Kafka dabbing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk