DAGGERHELL (MAGS Sept 2020)

Started by Mandle, Thu 01/10/2020 00:12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

My initial project grew out of control and I couldn't come anywhere near finishing it, so I put together this entry in 5 hours from start to finish at the last moment:

DAGGERHELL

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2474-daggerhell/

A game made in 5 hours for the Sept 2020 MAGS, Cloak And Dagger Theme.
Just keep running right while avoiding the cursed daggers of death.
Every now and then you might find a magic cloak. It may save you one time from a stabbing.
Things get harder the further you progress.
Can you make it to room 66?

morganw

I like it. You can also play a high stakes variation where you just make a single press of the right arrow key per level and hope that you make it to the other side.

heltenjon

Mandle, my wife hates you.  :-D Hours wasted. High score 11.  :-\ Is the game open-ended, or is there an end at 66, as you tease?

Edit: There is a message at level 66! (But then you may play on if you want to.)

Shadow1000

My antivirus is killing the download, saying that it's infected. Has anyone experienced this and solved it?

morganw

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 06/10/2020 01:23:57
My antivirus is killing the download, saying that it's infected. Has anyone experienced this and solved it?
Seems fine to me. Personally I would only use the OS vendor's anti-virus, or one that isn't desperate for your time or money, although running programs from the Internet without knowing what they do will always have an inherent risk.

Code: ags
$ clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.102.4/25948/Mon Oct  5 15:02:22 2020
$ clamscan -r "DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020"
/home/mwillcock/Downloads/DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020/Windows/winsetup.exe: OK
/home/mwillcock/Downloads/DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020/Windows/acsetup.cfg: OK
/home/mwillcock/Downloads/DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020/Windows/DaggerHell.exe: OK
/home/mwillcock/Downloads/DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020/Data/DaggerHell.ags: OK
/home/mwillcock/Downloads/DAGGERHELL MAGS SEPT 2020/Data/acsetup.cfg: OK

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 8920319
Engine version: 0.102.4
Scanned directories: 3
Scanned files: 5
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 5.98 MB
Data read: 4.56 MB (ratio 1.31:1)
Time: 37.434 sec (0 m 37 s)

Pogwizd

Same here

Shadow1000

Quote from: morganw on Tue 06/10/2020 13:55:28
Seems fine to me. Personally I would only use the OS vendor's anti-virus, or one that isn't desperate for your time or money, although running programs from the Internet without knowing what they do will always have an inherent risk.

I use AVG. When I download AGS games, it usually warns me, and then when I try to execute, it scans it for about 5-10 minutes, and then I can play unhindered. I have never had AVG kill an AGS game download as soon as it starts.

I don't actually believe that it contains a virus. But something in the file is triggering the download to be aborted and I'm hoping someone has a workaround.

Olleh19

Personally I would only use the OS vendor's anti-virus, or one that isn't desperate for your time or money, although running programs from the Internet without knowing what they do will always have an inherent risk.

Exactly. I've turned off windows security warning me about the file not being safe (ags games). Everytime i had to push f5 to test my own game i got the warning. It got so annoying fast, i had to turn such notices off. If there actually was a virus, at least my computer have been running for 10years and still counting. (laugh) (nod).

Mandle

I don't know what to say about the antivirus issues. The game is hosted on Mediafire as I usually do and I did nothing different when uploading it there.

I've heard of people having issues like this with AGS games before and I think Crimson Wizard had a theory and perhaps solution about it but I don't remember where.

Mandle

Just received confirmation today that someone actually got to level 66 and "completed" the game.

You know who you are! Well done!

Pogwizd

Wow. If a small-indie game gets such a devoted audience, this means it’s a really good game. Congrats Mandle!
Did you give that person a prize of any sort for beating the game? ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk