MAGS October "Darkness" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/10/2020 08:59:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite MAGS game of October?

Taste the Blood of Darkness by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
The Last Light Post by JackPutter
3 (23.1%)
Lygophilous by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Lord of Light by PlayPretend
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Sun 15/11/2020 02:31:46

Mandle

Slasher, "hypnotize" not "hypnotice"... (From your old game-tester/spell checker)

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 07/10/2020 09:16:35
Slasher, "hypnotize" not "hypnotice"... (From your old game-tester/spell checker)
Well caught old boy...  (laugh)

Regarding my game entry: The first chapter is complete.... Now the second chapter to complete ;)

VampireWombat

Oops, I got distracted by other stuff. I really need to figure out the location and characters for my game soon...

Slasher

Wham.... fighting the light?  (laugh)

I've made quite a bit of progress on Chapter 2...

Display("The locket shows a picture of a young girl. The photo has a bloodstain on it. There is also an inscription that reads: 'To Myra. Love from Gypsy Rose.'");
"Perhaps Gypsy Rose can shed some light on this matter?  After all, gypsy's are quite mystic."

"I feel very ill, Willis!"
"Let me take a look at you."
"Good grief, Edward! You have a bad case of bad blood poisoning!"
"You look like you've been in a fight!"
"You have some bite marks!"
"Good job I have some blood cleaning medication and flesh ointment."
"There were some ghouls near the crypts that seemed to take a fancy to me."    (laugh)

VampireWombat

I've learned that the game I was going to make would basically be a lesser version of Phasmophobia, so I'm going to have to figure out another idea that will work.

heltenjon

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 08/10/2020 21:25:42
I've learned that the game I was going to make would basically be a lesser version of Phasmophobia, so I'm going to have to figure out another idea that will work.

If you want story help/ideas, send out some PMs. I'm sure we could get you back on track.  ;) 8-)

Stupot

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 08/10/2020 21:25:42
I've learned that the game I was going to make would basically be a lesser version of Phasmophobia...
Nothing wrong with that.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 09/10/2020 04:19:00
Nothing wrong with that.
It would feel tainted now.

But I am fleshing out a newer idea.

heltenjon

From the opening post, Frightfest and Eternal Chrysalis has been mentioned. I also recognize The Dark Plague (duh) and The Terrible Old Man. But what is the last game pictured?

Slasher

Taste the blood of darkness ✟ ⚰️

I am well into Chapter 2.... I have completed the start and end parts and now I am doing the middle..

Going good.....so far ;)

FormosaFalanster

You know what, I'm doing one  :) This is the first time I try to make a presentable game so wish me good luck. Hopefully by 31 October I will have something to show.

I had a concept around darkness, not what you may expect, but I thought it's a good occasion for me to finally try something serious so let's see if I can actually participate. Wish me luck!

Slasher

Good luck with a game FormosaFalanster  (nod)

Meanwhile,  my game is done all bar the shouting  (laugh)

This is where the headaches and heartaches begin  (roll)

Slasher

Hi,

whilst I'm testing my entry I have some spare time if anyone needs an assistant helper for their game...

JackPutter

I've got most of the modeling done for my game, plus I've worked out a key GUI and some other technical bits and bobs. I just need to get writing now! Here's a taste of the style I'm going for...

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/l6XNCd3h.png[/imgzoom]

I'm also looking for someone female to provide a short piece of narration for the opening cinematic. Should I post on the recruitment board? I don't see too many MAGS games there, I'm not sure if it's the done thing...

Slasher

Jack... you could ask DuckLady or Hannaindiana..

Slasher

Confronting flesh eating ghouls roaming in the graveyard whilst pursuing a vampire!

milkanannan

Love the colour scheme in that pic.  (nod)

milkanannan

That looks great too, Jack! Looks like a mix of Little Big Adventure and Alone in the Dark.

Slasher

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 13/10/2020 16:39:44
Love the colour scheme in that pic.  (nod)
Thanks..... The scene is overlayed with moving fog... which now has a reddish tint ;)

Testing/Tweaking continues....

The Great Underground Empire

I'm bashing away hard at my own game, wanted to make good progress before I popped up. :)

"Lord of Darkness Light" - You're an evil wizard, and those bastardy bastard heroes have chased you to the top of your tower.  And just before you locked yourself in your laboratory, their stupid spellhacking cheating bastard of a good wizard cast Continual Light on your eyeballs.

You are blind.

Before they bash the door in, you must touch, talk, taste, smell and listen your way around your lab to concoct a Continual Darkness spell to restore your sight.  Hurry!

Gameplay: Like it says, you're feeling and sensing your way around through magical ingredients, implements and creatures.  As you figure things out, a "memory" of what they look like will appear.  Short, one room game, hopefully will be fully voice acted if I have time.

I don't want to release more than the title and a simple screenshot, anything more is spoilers. :)  Haven't even worked on the GUI's and menus yet, so this isn't the final look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk