MAGS October "Darkness" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/10/2020 08:59:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite MAGS game of October?

Taste the Blood of Darkness by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
The Last Light Post by JackPutter
3 (23.1%)
Lygophilous by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Lord of Light by PlayPretend
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Sun 15/11/2020 02:31:46

Slasher

Your entry sounds fascinating, PlayPretend  (nod)

Hope you get to finish it....

Taste the blood of darkness ✟ ⚰️
Meanwhile, my entry is almost ready... a real horror show (laugh)

Face:

• Vacula the vampire
  • Vampire bats
  • Ghouls
  • Blood monster
Why are blood red clouds blocking out the sunlight leaving the world in darkness?

You're going to need a book on vampires and ghouls ;)

Good luck everyone  (nod)

Slasher

Game almost ready to suck the life out of you  (laugh)

Slasher

Blood red clouds are moving across the sky, blocking out the sun and bringing darkness. What's more, many people have been found dead and they were all found to have puncture marks on their necks and all their blood had been drained!

What is causing such devastation? Could there be a simple explanation or are vampires at work?

Your good friend, Doctor Willis is on hand should you get 'vamped' too many times (Vamped meter included)....

Uses my Slasher Template that includes Left Click Interact and Right Click Look and a Disable active inventory red X button.....

Please report of any issues found... thanks...

Build 3 uploaded.

FormosaFalanster

Just a reminder, it is okay to use open source sprites, right? My main character I designed myself but for the rest I used a tileset I found on a resource website.

Slasher

If they are open and licensed for non commercial or any use you are ok..

Build 2 uploaded.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2479-taste-the-blood-of-darkness/

milkanannan

Slasher, really enjoyed the game. I think I found a bug:

Spoiler
If you dip the cross into the right-most cauldron first, it extinguishes the wrong cauldron, which makes it impossible to progress to the next screen.
[close]

The Great Underground Empire

Formosa: I stole and modified every bit of my graphics for my game from vecteezy.com and personal license use clipart sites. It's a major help in hitting the deadline.

Slasher

Quote from: milkanannan on Thu 15/10/2020 19:13:50
Slasher, really enjoyed the game. I think I found a bug:

Spoiler
If you dip the cross into the right-most cauldron first, it extinguishes the wrong cauldron, which makes it impossible to progress to the next screen.
[close]
Hi, thanks for finding that bug... I have now fixed it. I also did walkable area issue in the Woodroom.... Saves should still work but best start last room from beginning.. Sorry about that to the guys that came across this.

Build 3 now uploaded.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2479-taste-the-blood-of-darkness/

Mandle

Working on my backup game: Dark Guitar...

A really dumbed-down attempt at a Guitar Hero type game for AGS... Only four finger positions and only one song so far... But it's kinda fun and at least you get to listen to unlicensed music while you play.

milkanannan

Jack, Formosa, Mandle: work faster please. :=

cipberbloom

Welp, I've been in since the 4th... didn't want to say anything until I felt I'd made significant progress (and I say I'm not superstitious  ;)).

I love the theme and it's perfect for a character and concept I've had bouncing around in my skull for years.

Thank you for the advice, @stupot, 'make a tiny game and cut it in half!'. Scope creep is my nemesis.

All the best of 'luck', everyone!  ;-D

Slasher

Quote from: Skeevy Wonder on Sat 17/10/2020 03:24:02
Welp, I've been in since the 4th... didn't want to say anything until I felt I'd made significant progress (and I say I'm not superstitious  ;)).

I love the theme and it's perfect for a character and concept I've had bouncing around in my skull for years.

Thank you for the advice, @stupot, 'make a tiny game and cut it in half!'. Scope creep is my nemesis.

All the best of 'luck', everyone!  ;-D
Wise words.... I am looking forward to a game from you  (nod)

FormosaFalanster

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 16/10/2020 13:51:26
Jack, Formosa, Mandle: work faster please. :=

I still think I can do it before 30 October.

milkanannan

The Great Underground Empire

Welp, still working hard, fortunately backing up multiple times a day on Drive, and really think I'll still make it by the 31st.

But just now in the middle of testing a custom inventory GUI, AGS froze, then my desktop froze, and now it won't turn on again no matter what I do.  :tongue:.

Fortunately I have a laptop to keep working and didn't lose too much code, but ugh.  Just rotten timing to lose a workhorse computer, hopefully the power switch just died. Pretty sure I have a hard drive USB adapter somewhere for recovery, too.

Anyways.  On with the game!

Slasher

That's crap news PlayPretend.... I have had it myself... Here's hoping you can get everything up and running..  (nod)

KyriakosCH

Doubt I will make it on time, but I have some art ideas:

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

milkanannan

Looks great, Kyriacos  8-) another Kafka-esque entry?

KyriakosCH

Well, yes. :)
Just with more violence.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

VampireWombat

I still haven't done much on my game yet. Other projects have taken priority. So, it all comes down to next week...

Quote from: milkanannan on Sat 17/10/2020 13:53:35
Your video still shows unavailable for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk