MAGS October "Darkness" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/10/2020 08:59:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite MAGS game of October?

Taste the Blood of Darkness by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
The Last Light Post by JackPutter
3 (23.1%)
Lygophilous by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Lord of Light by PlayPretend
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Sun 15/11/2020 02:31:46

KyriakosCH

No feedback? ;_;

Anyway, I am continuing and have finished the first quest. I'd like the game to run at least for 20 minutes and have escalating difficulty in the puzzles.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

milkanannan

I watched the vid yesterday and thought it looked cool, Kyriacos.  8-) Looking forward to playing it!

cipberbloom

Wow, KyriakosCH--I like the feel of the graphics, can't wait to see the video.

Slasher

I hope that at this short time you will have your game wrapped up KyriakosCH  (nod)

Looking forward to games entered this month ;)

cipberbloom

*scrolling back through posts* Loads of good looking entries (I loved the video, btw, it's got lovely, creepy atmosphere and a unique look. And it gave me some insight into the way my character has been moving!).  ;-D

Vampirewombat--I feel for you. You and I have both had a go at a few of the same MAGS (February 'Frozen', which is a project I expanded and definitely plan to finish, and then September or August, just did a couple of backgrounds and had a concept).

Talking of vampires: looking forward to your entry Slasher.  (nod)

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 26/10/2020 10:39:21
Quote from: PlayPretend on Mon 26/10/2020 10:33:06
Do we have up til the end of the night on 10/31?

The deadline is until November 1st crosses over, AGS server time, usually.
The deadline is officially 23:59 UK time, whether that be BST or GMT. But you can upload later than that as long as I haven’t officially closed the contest and drawn up the polls.

I’ll say it now. This Sunday morning is the best window for me to rig up the voting etc. so I’ll be reluctant to grant an extension (in case anyone was counting on one). So now you should be thinking about tying things up.

KyriakosCH

VampireWombat

Due to weather issues and a few other things, I ended up switching to a different game yesterday using purchased assets. So, no more Subspecies parody. Instead something more Lovecraftian. Hopefully I can have it mostly finished tomorrow so that I can watch my traditional movie marathon on Saturday.

KyriakosCH

Door/lock puzzles are not the most innovative ever, but at the moment I can't think of something different for the non-scary part of the game.

At any rate, this is a lock with (greek) letters, which is useful for me given I can force the player to not try random stuff, having the protagonist make some snarky remark about how it is ridiculous to randomly choose the one of a possible 24^5 options.

The Great Underground Empire

Thanks Mandle and Stupot!  I'll definitely be ready in time...just struck me I didn't know if Saturday ended much sooner in EST than it did from AGS's time zone. :)

My gameplay's all intact, did the last heavy lifting this morning.  Now I'm just polishing up and making it pretty.  I'm going to try to rush out the voice acting before Saturday night, but if I run out of time I'll just submit the game as-is, then release the voice pack after the contest with the understanding it doesn't count toward the vote. :)

Good luck everybody!

KyriakosCH

I don't want to rush the game so more than likely it won't be released for the mags. I'll instead create a thread about it in that case.

Mandle

I'm out... Too busy with Halloween stuff... I will show some of the fruits of our labor tomorrow, hopefully, in the form of a 5 minute short movie we filmed and put together over the past few weeks.

JackPutter

THE LAST LIGHT POST (WORK IN PROGRESS)

In a land of unending darkness, you travel to a remote and mysterious facility in an attempt to restore the light to the world.

Game link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7eaqlwtnp5szo2/The_Last_Light_Post_%2528WIP%2529.zip/file

Screenshots:

Boy, did this one take it out of me! I don't have any free time tomorrow so uploading it now is my only option. I'm happy with it as it stands though! As long as there's no game-breaking bugs that I missed... I was tearing my hair out more than once while I made this game, and nine times out of ten it was because of some silly mistake on my part. I hope you enjoy playing what I have managed to put together!

I won't be making an entry in the AGS database for this one yet, as even though you can play through it from start to finish, it's not "complete" in my eyes yet. I am hoping to release this as a standalone game, however this version includes some copyrighted music, images, and other bits and pieces to fill in some gaps. I'll replace those, add the missing animations, customise the GUIs instead of using the defaults, and release a full version before the end of the year.

Please let me know what you all think!

Slasher

Hi JackPutter,

As with your last game this game shows promise and again a nice 3D environment...

A few tweaks would not go amiss.

Well done  (nod)

VampireWombat

It'll be a surprise for all how much content ends up in my game. Especially for me.

But I do at least have enough backgrounds to make a playable game.

FormosaFalanster

Ah I will not be able to meet the deadline. I had a trouble happening this week so no way I would finish it.
But it is not important. The competition gave me an impetus to finish a game, it is almost done so soon I should have a little game to give  :)

I will still show you a little screen shot. I think before the end of November I would have finished it, unless I run into more troubles  :-D

Slasher

The lesson here is: Don't start something you can't finish because you included too much that you can't achieve within the time frame....

Start simple and small and build up with whatever time you have left,  after it becomes fully playable... That's what I do...

But, I wish everyone fun in making your games and try to keep within the time frame  (nod)

VampireWombat

Wait. There was supposed to be a lesson to learned?

And I see no problem with starting out too large as long as you're willing and able to cut back as needed.

That's what I'm doing with my game. I'm probably not even going to have a way to "win".

milkanannan

Guys, I encourage you to submit your titles even if unfinished. Just tack on a 'to be continued...' and give the community whatever you have. Don't let these titles gather dust on some corner of your hard drive for the next ten years.

If it helps: Nothing (I repeat: nothing!) could be as unfinished as my 'white elephant' title from September. (laugh) Let that be a motivator for you to just get your title out there and add to a competition around a great theme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk