MAGS October "Darkness" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/10/2020 08:59:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite MAGS game of October?

Taste the Blood of Darkness by Slasher
2 (15.4%)
The Last Light Post by JackPutter
3 (23.1%)
Lygophilous by VampireWombat
1 (7.7%)
Lord of Light by PlayPretend
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Sun 15/11/2020 02:31:46

VampireWombat

Due to time change, I have no idea when the deadline is. I hope it's in about 1 hour 45 minutes since that seems to be when it'll be midnight in England.

But here's my entry, even though it's not done at this moment. I will upload whatever I have finished once it's time.

Lygophilous

https://vampirewombat.itch.io/lygophilous

FormosaFalanster

I am perfectly fine with not finishing it for the competition, I am not a competitive person and not care for awards, I just saw it as a fun way to be motivated  :) I would have finished it if I had not crashed my car in the middle of the month :P but I will have finish it soon and put it in the completed games section.

The Great Underground Empire

I will be releasing before deadline!  I'm just adding sound effects, ran out of time do the voice pack, I think.  Have a link up shortly! :)

VampireWombat

Game is uploading to itch now. Hopefully it's fully playable. I didn't have a chance to test it yet.

Stupot

Thanks for the entries, folks. How are you getting on PlayPretend? I’ll be putting up The voting shortly.

Olleh19

This is not an entry, It's just a drawing i did today for a little cutscene/birthday game scene. And it fits the theme Darkness.  :)

Edit: Perhaps i should say good luck to you guys whom entered the darkness. I should try to play some tomorrow.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/6JGJuXD.png[/imgzoom]

Lord of Darkness Light

MAGS October 2020

You're an evil wizard, and those bastardy bastard heroes have chased you to the top of your tower.  And just before you locked yourself in your laboratory, their stupid spellhacking cheating bastard of a good wizard cast Continual Light on your EYEBALLS.

You are blind.

Before they bash the door in, you must touch, talk, taste, smell and listen your way around your lab to concoct a Continual Darkness spell to restore your sight.  Hurry!

Gameplay: Sense your way through magical ingredients, implements and creatures.  Hovering over an unseen item makes a ? ? ? appear until you identify it.  And fortunately, you had a couple spells still memorized after your battle that may help.

As you identify things, a "memory" of what they look like will appear.  Nothing should be too pixel-hunt-y, and the game tells you when you've found everything in the room.

Short, one room game, 15+ minutes playtime.  I'm going to voice act it over the next week or so, but didn't have time to submit voice for MAGS.

70 MB download, 208 MB unzipped.  Recommend windowed play, DEFINITELY RECOMMEND SOUND ON.  You can play without sound, but it's way more fun and atmospheric with it.

Mild Content Warning: Comedic violence, suggestions of violence, adult humor, one swear word.

Thanks for playing!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ebrjx7b85126qip/Lord_of_Light.rar/file

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58533.0

Stupot

Thank you to everyone who entered. Unlucky to those who didn't finish. I hope you keep working on them.

Here are the games for October on the theme of Darkness.

Please vote using the poll above.

Taste the Blood of Darkness
by Slasher
The Last Light Post
by JackPutter
Lygophilous
by VampireWombat
Lord of Light
by PlayPretend

Please remember to rate and comment on the games' page if possible.

As always, please let me know if I've missed anything or made any mistakes.

cheers

Slasher

Lord of Light by PlayPretend

Any chance you can change green font colour as I really have a hard time reading it? This is mainly at the beginning.

Graphics look superb  (nod)

Slasher

Got outside with the cars.... Click on right car and buttons morgue, graveyard etc came up... no response... crashed....

I am enjoying the graphics  (nod)

Shadow1000

Regarding the Last Light Post:

Spoiler
does anyone know where the hint is for William's computer? I got the other passwords and the component as well as the sequence.
[close]

Slasher: Thanks! Every piece of art was stolen, although I did have to mod everything in AI and Deep Art Effects. :)

I'll work some more on the font after voting, it drove me nuts too. I hoped a voice pack would compensate, then ran out of time. :) Was it hard to read in the lab too? Or just the intro?

Slasher

Quote from: PlayPretend on Sun 01/11/2020 09:13:54
Slasher: Thanks! Every piece of art was stolen, although I did have to mod everything in AI and Deep Art Effects. :)

I'll work some more on the font after voting, it drove me nuts too. I hoped a voice pack would compensate, then ran out of time. :) Was it hard to read in the lab too? Or just the intro?
It was mainly at the first part... intro ;)

Cassiebsg

@PlayPretend, awesome, you made the game mechanics I also had in mind!  (laugh) I just couldn't come out with a story.  :-[ So I'm very looking forward to play it!  (nod) Just a comment, you can cut the game size in half, if you delete the data folder from the zip file. All you need is the Window's folder.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cipberbloom

Olleh19--wow, beautiful (I trust the nuke is used only for food)! Super impressive!  ;-D

Looking forward to playing these titles tonight and tomorrow. Congrats, everyone.

Happily, I got further than I ever have with an AGS game. Committed the unforgivable sin 'visuals before gameplay'. But even in its incomplete state the game is uploaded; if anyone wants the mediafire link let me know.  :-D

JackPutter

Congratulations everyone! I look forward to playing all of your games! And to everyone who didn't manage to finish by the deadline, please keep working on your entries! You all have great ideas that should definitely be seen through to the end, no matter how long it takes!

Shadow1000 - With regards to my game...

Spoiler
... the hint for William's password can be found in the notes on the workbench in the lab. William mentions he has had a particularly unpleasant day... (My key playtester, AKA my significant other, also got stuck on the same part so perhaps the clue is too oblique!)
[close]

Olleh19

Quote from: Skeevy Wonder on Sun 01/11/2020 12:58:39
Olleh19--wow, beautiful (I trust the nuke is used only for food)! Super impressive!  ;-D

Looking forward to playing these titles tonight and tomorrow. Congrats, everyone.

Happily, I got further than I ever have with an AGS game. Committed the unforgivable sin 'visuals before gameplay'. But even in its incomplete state the game is uploaded; if anyone wants the mediafire link let me know.  :-D

Haha, yeah that was just that i was lazy  (laugh) I had to save time to be able to finish the "little game" for my friends.  (laugh)

I'm gonna start playing some games now!

Olleh19

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 01/11/2020 04:08:42

Got outside with the cars.... Click on right car and buttons morgue, graveyard etc came up... no response... crashed....

I am enjoying the graphics  (nod)

Same here, or wouldn't say crash. It's just not letting me get out of there! (laugh)
I clicked the same place i were at perhaps that "crashed" it? I'm not sure.
Edit: Nope, Clicked Graveyard. Same, it won't transfer me to the Graveyard (as i suppose is the original thought) ???
Also

Spoiler
I talked with the guy in the startup room and he said "it's in my desk". I went to desk, and i get a comment about "i shouldn't look thru his desk" or something like that. The hell? The guy just told me i could!  (laugh)
[close]

VampireWombat

I forgot to add a line of code to make the map GUI disappear. And there was a minor issue with getting items because the code had an ! where it shouldn't have. Those bugs have been fixed and from what I call tell the game is now fully playable. Or will be if the upload ever finishes.

Olleh19

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 01/11/2020 13:40:20
I forgot to add a line of code to make the map GUI disappear. And there was a minor issue with getting items because the code had an ! where it shouldn't have. Those bugs have been fixed and from what I call tell the game is now fully playable. Or will be if the upload ever finishes.

I'll download it again, tell in the thread when it's done. Did you see my spoiler? Was that a bug or am i just misunderstanding (the desk to the right).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk