SEMI SOLVED: Thumbleweed Language Manual Example - DO NOT WORK Ags 3.5.0

Started by Olleh19, Mon 05/10/2020 18:01:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Olleh19

Problem: I need to add a "new language" to the template, but it's not letting me 100%

The script must have been changed, acording to another more skilled member of this forum, there is no function called when i attempt Verbs.SetActionButtons

EDIT: Looking at the documentation i could change it to German, since german use Ã...Ã,,Ö as Swedish. It's totally possible to re-draw all the sprites.
Unless someone can tell me how to add the Swedish one, which would be really nice ofc, since germans most likely would like to have it translated to their language.
Anyone?

Edit: Using the Manual you can get "almost" in Goal.  Duplicate a Language's code in various "else if" statements in the verbGui script, and change it to your new language. Then go when pushing the change language button, you add this code pretty much from the Manual, change the numbers to match your sprites, and add
in the translation file SE (for Swedish), the short of my "new language" in the template.

Code: ags
Game.ChangeTranslation("Swedish");
Verbs.VerbGuiOptions[eVerbGuiTemplateLanguage] = eLangSE;
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Open, 485, 486, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Close, 487, 488, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_GiveTo, 489, 490, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Push, 491, 492, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Pull, 493, 494, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Use, 495, 496, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_PickUp, 497, 498, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_LookAt, 499, 500, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_TalkTo, 501, 502, 's');

HOWEVER, big danger here. Since something is off, you cannot take away the Language choice at startup. Simply cause then the verbs will NOT show up on screen at all, if you restart the game.

If anybody knows how to get the chosen languages verbs on screen next time you start the game (without the language selection Gui popup everytime entering the game). Please Shine in!

Or even better if anybody has the template creators contact info ask him to come into the forum and help me implement the Language into the template correctly. Cause this is just a temporary solution.
You don't want the player to have to choose language everytime they start up the game!

Olleh19

Snarky

I've read your post and I still don't have a clear idea of what your problem is.

Olleh19

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 11/10/2020 22:29:10
I've read your post and I still don't have a clear idea of what your problem is.

It's hard to explain in english i guess.

I've updated the original post with the "problem" at the top, probably forgot to write it in, so perhaps it's easier to "somewhat" understand.
The Swedish needs to be added into the core code, but it's not. It's just on the surface!
Do you understand now??
Something is not letting it "work" like the other languages.
What i mean is...If the player restarts the game without the "language chose/choice of language button" - Gui. The Swedish buttons will NOT load up, however if chosing any other languages. The game "remembers" the gui buttons. So if i would release this as "a game" it would have to be that the player chose language everytime they start playing! (If they chose the newdly "on the surface" added Swedish Language"). If i would use the implimented languages, this would be a no issue.

Olleh19

Been thinking about this. Shouldn't it "just be" to write the information to some config file in the game dir after you've chosen the language once?
I don't know what to look for in code tho. Maybe you advanced guys know's what syntax i could try search for in the verbs script, i guess?!
Or else it's just to wait for Mr "not to be seen in several months" Abstauber  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk