steam game gone AWOL

Started by BarbWire, Mon 12/10/2020 21:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbWire

Hi Lorenzo

I did have a look at these games and I agree that 'Dark Mod' looks the best, but still not as good as Thief.
'Dishonoured' by what I saw on you tube is far too fast and furious for me. I'd probably get my fingers tied
in knots trying to inplement all the different moves. 'Neo Struct'  was a no go from the start. I agree that
it was unappealing.  Thief is certainly an atmospheric city and reigns supreme. Of course, like everything,
it's a case of whatever floats your boat. I don't want to upset people who enjoy these games. Thanks for
sharing your views with me though.

VampireWombat

I started replaying Dishonored last month, the controls aren't that hard. Unless what you watched on Youtube showed fancy moves I've never used...

BarbWire

Thinking about it, VampireWombat, I wonder if the player may have been doing a speed run. (I think thats what it's called.)
He sure was nippy on his pins and was hacking, slashing, diving down on enemies, flying through the air and using magic at
an alarming rate. The game still isn't for me, though. I wish Bethesda would bring out a new Elder Scrolls game. 'Skyrim' is
already in the dim and distant pass.  :~(

Babar

Dishonored is a confused game. I don't think it figured out whether it wants to be a stealth game, or a violentkillkill game.
The main action button is the one that stabbed your knife straight ahead, and the secondary action be whatever you had equipped.
And because by default they're mapped reversed (left-click is the action with your right hand, stabbing faces, and right click is secondary action with equipped item), I was constantly going up to people, trying to use the heart on them to read their minds, and consequently stabbing them in the face.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

BarbWire

Hahaha! So, Babar, you weren't exactly Mr popularity, then. I can imagine you talking to your unintended victim.
"Hello, nice to meet you.....whoops, sorry about the knife parting your face."  (laugh)

BarbWire

Sorry, Danvzare, I forgot to answer your comments. I know you don't have to, but if people take
the time to reply, it just makes me feel better. I have never played a multiplayer game in my
life. I far prefer single player. Call me sad, but that's me.  :)

lorenzo

Quote from: Babar on Sat 17/10/2020 16:52:58
Dishonored is a confused game. I don't think it figured out whether it wants to be a stealth game, or a violentkillkill game.
Haha, definitely! "Killing is bad, that's why we're going to give you all these lethal toys to play with, but you'll get the bad ending if you use them!"

I think it's a fun game, however, and you can play it stealthily (although I found it a bit too easy). Also, the game world is beautiful.

Danvzare

Quote from: BarbWire on Sat 17/10/2020 18:03:49
I have never played a multiplayer game in my
life. I far prefer single player. Call me sad, but that's me.  :)
I'm basically the same. While I don't particularly mind multiplayer games, I honestly can't stand playing online with random strangers. (Which unfortunately most games are geared towards nowadays.)
But it's always fun to play with friends or family, so I merely managed to get a couple of laptops together, and played it with my brother and sister.
But still, give me a proper singleplayer experience any day. (There's a reason why I love adventure games so much.)

Quote from: BarbWire on Sat 17/10/2020 10:21:58
'Dishonoured' by what I saw on you tube is far too fast and furious for me. I'd probably get my fingers tied
in knots trying to inplement all the different moves.
You can play Dishonored without using any of the powers. It's not too difficult either. Although as everyone has said before me, the stealth mechanics are a lot more basic than they are in the Thief series.
I suppose at the end of the day, there's nothing quite like Thief.  :~(

BarbWire

You're right Danvzare, you can't beat the single player experience. As PC, in computing terms, stands for
Personal Computer, that's how I prefer to use it.
It is sad that the 'Thief' series had to end. Us taffers really enjoyed it.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk