Kola Queen

Started by newwaveburritos, Thu 15/10/2020 05:12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Man, it's such a blast returning to the forums again and seeing stuff like this being developed! Looks absolutely gorgeous, Newwaveburrito, and the plot sounds like fun! Really looking forward to this.

newwaveburritos

Here's a new "poster" for Kola Queen that gives you an idea about what it may be about.  Work is still progressing!

newwaveburritos

Here it is a little smaller.

Pogwizd

There is something really sinister about that pig : )

But all in all a really nice cover. For some reason, it reminds me of old-school cassette tape covers.

newwaveburritos

I was pushing hard for a Christmas release but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.  Well, I didn't want to have to compete with If on a Winter's Night, Four Travelers in the 2021 AGS Awards anyway because it's too good and really you should just play it right now.  As a consolation prize I have a short piece of gameplay footage introducing you to a few of the characters around town.  Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/-3NXSEvhlw4

The Last To Know

Take your time, looking forward to your game next year.  :smiley:

Creamy

It's good to see it come together. There's a great sense of time and place.

Regarding the cover: each part looks nice but I was never big on compositions with sprites of different sizes overlapping.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: newwaveburritos on Tue 14/12/2021 18:48:08
I was pushing hard for a Christmas release but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.  Well, I didn't want to have to compete with If on a Winter's Night, Four Travelers in the 2021 AGS Awards anyway because it's too good and really you should just play it right now.

Awww thank you <3 Looking forward to the release, everything you've shown so far looks fantastic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk