Suggestion thread: Rate this game!

Started by heltenjon, Sat 17/10/2020 18:55:10

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

There've been rating drives earlier, and it's time for another one. Far too many of the games in the database is unrated. We just need five players to vote on the Games Page for a game to receive a player rating. But as with everything, this is funnier to do if we do it together.  :-* 8-)

So, why not pull together? If you have a suggestion for a game that needs more votes, make it here. Then others can jump on the bandwagon. Perhaps if five or more of us play an old game to rate it, there may be some funny discussions or we can help each other out.  (nod)

I'll start, then. An obvious place to start is this and last month's MAGS games. They are short and so new that the download links probably are in working order.

To cheer on "our" participants in the $104 Adventure Game Challenge, I'd also like to suggest you fine people play and rate The Halloween Party and Bartolomeo, mislead by circumstances, learns that appearances can be deceptive. They are short and very good games.

So who's in? And what other suggestions do you have?

Sinitrena

I'm in and I just started with:

Bartolomeo, mislead by circumstances, learns that appearances can be deceptive:

The Halloween Party:

Night Witch:
Status: Completed; Rated; Not my cup of tea (side-scrolling shooter)

My Father's Secret
Status: Completed; Rated; Recommended - seems my rating was enough to get this over the cut. Yay!

May I suggest you set links to the games you suggest here? Makes it so much easier to go and play them.

A suggestion from me for a game I really enjoyed that needs some more rates:
The Clockwork Labyrinth

Stupot

Nice one Helton. It’d be nice to see more cups in the database.

heltenjon

It's working already - the cups are popping up. Come on you guys! Chime in with some games you want to play and rate, or some you already have played.

Sinitrena's suggestion, The Clockwork Labyrinth, won the Best Puzzles award in 2018, so there's got to be some AGS-ers who have played this and forgotten to rate it. I'll download and eventually play and rate, but my schedule is more fitted to shorter games, so that one will take some time. But those of you who voted for this one in 2019 surely remember enough to cast your rating votes as well. We can't have award winners with no rating.  (wrong)

Sinitrena

Another game that made the threshold with my rating:

The Wicked Witch of the West: Even though it needs no more ratings for them to show up, this game is well worth the play nonetheless.

------------

This is the way: Rated and commented, I'm curious what other people think about this one.

heltenjon

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sun 18/10/2020 20:07:52
Another game that made the threshold with my rating:

The Wicked Witch of the West: Even though it needs no more ratings for them to show up, this game is well worth the play nonetheless.
+1
I rated this today, as well, along with a lot of MAGS games that I have commented on in the threads and played, but for some reason not rated until now. Sinitrena is making an impact! Join the winning team and rate, people! Think of all the power...Bwahaha!  (laugh)

This is the way: Rated and commented, I'm curious what other people think about this one.
I think I commented in the released game thread something along the lines of that with this type of story, the most fun is probably to discuss possible interpretations afterwards. I'm not normally a big fan of the visual novel/branching story genre, but I'll recognize it as a minimalist game. A problem with writing Kafkaesque stories, is that you're inevitably compared to, well, Kafka.

heltenjon

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 17/10/2020 19:52:07
The Clockwork Labyrinth
Downloaded and tried it a bit. This game oozes quality, and from the presentation alone it screams for five cups. Unfortunately, I managed to freeze up the right mouse button function somehow, so I had to quit. But unless there are other technical problems that hinder further play, I think this will be a wonderful game to play.  The first impression is "awesome".

Sinitrena

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 18/10/2020 22:08:15
Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 17/10/2020 19:52:07
The Clockwork Labyrinth
Downloaded and tried it a bit. This game oozes quality, and from the presentation alone it screams for five cups. Unfortunately, I managed to freeze up the right mouse button function somehow, so I had to quit. But unless there are other technical problems that hinder further play, I think this will be a wonderful game to play.  The first impression is "awesome".

No idea how you managed that. When I played it, there was one game-breaking bug late in the game that's fixed now, as far as I know. But I thought the game was so good that I didn't even mind re-playing about an hour or so.

-------------------------------

Max Fury would also like some more love. I've played and rated, have you? (I don't mean heltenjon here, I mean everyone reading here and not bothering to post anything.  ;))

heltenjon

I think I want to add another way of suggesting games here: the challenge. We could list a few games that need more ratings with some kind of common theme (Halloween, based on a book, kid friendly, games about cats, or whatever). Then we could try to play and rate said games to meet a challenge - or maybe some/one of them. Every rating counts! ;-D I'll give it some more thought before I suggest any games in a category; it would be even better if different people came with proposals. Old games are fine, too.

heltenjon

8-)The dog vs cat challenge! 8-)

Are you a dog person or a cat person? Please participate as we play and rate some dog games or some cat games!  (nod)

I've found some games that need more votes to get a player rating:

That damn dog
Murder Dog IV
Hell’s Puppy
Alpha dog

Cornelius Cat in: The Uncontrollable Pest
Confessions of a Cat Burglar
Too many kittens
CATapault

If you want to suggest others, please do! Now, let's see who can get five votes in and get those player ratings up and running. Will it be the cat people or the dog people? Or will the cow people suggest games of their own? ;)

(For convenience, I've checked that the games suggested are available and given proper links in the comment section where the download link is faulty or troublesome.)

Sinitrena

I don't feel like playing cat or dog games. Sorry.  :-\

But I did rate a few other games in the last couple days:

Billy Masters Was Right: Amazing Game with a lot of comments and still not enough ratings.

Day of the Dimetrodon: It takes five minutes to play. Why don't you all go and do this?

Taste the blood of darkness: You want something spooky for Halloween? Here it is!

The Spider's Web: I'm really starting to enjoy slasher's games. He has a lot, there's certainly somehting for you!

The Dome: Actually has enough rates now, but why not give it some more? It's very good.

Fall: Great graphics, engaging story, slight design problems. But a nice spooky game nonetheless. I'd recommend it.

Stuck on you: Funny, short, another good game by slasher.

Distance no object: I like it, but I can't exactly say why. Maybe you all can help out?

It seems heltenjon and me are the only two here. Everybody, think about it: If there were just three more people to help out, we could get every single game over the treshold (a game needs five people to rate it). Come on, everybody, not a single game I played in the last week was really bad. There's something to enjoy for everybody.

Hobo

This is a great initiative! I actually planned to start preparing for the next AGS Awards some time in November, play about 3-4 games a week and get through at least half of them before the nominating and voting starts. So, I'll be mainly focusing on this year's games, but I guess I can squeeze in some older suggestions from this thread as well and I will rate and comment on all of them of course.

MA Moncada

Played and rated the dome

I Will do the same for some of the other games you mentioned in the thread

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk