What anime are you watching?

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 19/10/2020 09:23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Latest I watched was The Promised Neverland. While mostly melodrama, it is relatively cerebral (well, next to other anime) and has a cool setting and horror elements. Season 2 will be released this January...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcjo7XVlOY
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

cat

Currently watching Erased (僕だã'がã,,なã,,è¡—) on Netflix. It's a thriller with small time travel elements (but not as convoluted as Steins;Gate). I've watched the TV-Drama series before and so far they seem to be pretty identical. Both are on Netflix and with japanese audio available. It is highly recommended, just preference whether you want to watch Anime or Dorama.

One of the few benefits of autumn/winter - watching TV while cycling indoors.

VampireWombat

I started trying to watch Helsing on Saturday. Maybe I'll actually finish watching it this time. Or move on to some other horror anime...

And since Steins; Gate is one of my favorite anime, I'll give Erased a try next time I have Netflix. If I remember.

milkanannan

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 19/10/2020 12:51:15
I started trying to watch Helsing on Saturday. Maybe I'll actually finish watching it this time. Or move on to some other horror anime...

I’m not sure if it’s considered anime by purists, but Netflix’s Castlevania seemed pretty cool. I’ve only seen the first few episodes though.

VampireWombat

Quote from: milkanannan on Wed 21/10/2020 11:16:40
I’m not sure if it’s considered anime by purists, but Netflix’s Castlevania seemed pretty cool. I’ve only seen the first few episodes though.
Anime is sometimes hard to define. The original Transformers could almost be an anime. An animated series made about Japanese robot toys with animation done in Japan. But, due to it being about the US versions of the toys and the other US involvement, not considered anime.

So, Castlevania may fit into a gray area. But maybe I will give it a try one day whenever I have Netflix again.

Cassiebsg

I agree that it's hard to define.

I've seen some that are an hybrid, not "pure" anime but cooperation of european-japanese companies. They have a feel/look of anime, but they aren't in the true sense of the of what we consider anime...  (laugh)

Here's a favorite of mine:
Spoiler

Cooperation between BRB Internacional (Span) og Nippon Animation (Japan).
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Furwerkstudio

I plan on watching Irresponsible captain Taylor later on, but I got Garo, vanishing Lines, kujaku-oh and Tenchi in Love to binge right now.

Marcin K.

I don't like anime very much though I have to admit I do love "Ghost in the Shell", especially SAC1 & 2 series. Feature films are great too but ther is too much talking and philosophy. But great visuals.

cat

@Cassiebsg
I think I watched this show as a kid  ;-D

I finished watching Erased. While I think the atmosphere in the life-acting drama series was better, I enjoyed the ending of the anime more (it is significantly different).

Ponch

Just finished watching the cyberpunk classic Bubblegum Crisis. Currently two episodes into Azumanga Daioh.

Marcin K: Good choice! SAC is fantastic.

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Tue 24/11/2020 21:03:42
I finished watching Erased. While I think the atmosphere in the life-acting drama series was better, I enjoyed the ending of the anime more (it is significantly different).
I enjoyed the drama (a rare Japanese drama that I liked - I generally find them unwatchable). I didn’t even know there was an anime version, so I’ll check it out.

ukz530

Most recently, I was impressed by Devil Man Crybaby.(Nextflix)

and I've been enjoying Digimon Adventure: (reboot 2020) lately.

KyriakosCH

The following isn't anime (it is French/Czech), but certainly a classic work of animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkIAkDsiUoo

SinSin

I was watching Castle in the Sky last night. Can't get enough of it !  :-D
Currently working on a project!

milkanannan

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 25/11/2020 00:07:48
I enjoyed the drama (a rare Japanese drama that I liked - I generally find them unwatchable).

Oh man some of the Mainland ones are unbelievably bad. It pleases me to know the overacted cringe-fest of terrible East Asian dramas can be found outside China, Korea, SE Asia. (laugh)

LionOhDay

Haven't been watching a ton of stuff this season but with AoT Season 4 starting up and all the other absolute bangers coming in the Winter Season, I'm going to be watching a lot more soon.

The other anime I've been watching this season is Talentless Nana which is pretty cheesy but is some quality anime junk food.

Quote from: cat on Mon 19/10/2020 09:39:17
Currently watching Erased (僕だã'がã,,なã,,è¡—) on Netflix. It's a thriller with small time travel elements (but not as convoluted as Steins;Gate). I've watched the TV-Drama series before and so far they seem to be pretty identical. Both are on Netflix and with japanese audio available. It is highly recommended, just preference whether you want to watch Anime or Dorama.

One of the few benefits of autumn/winter - watching TV while cycling indoors.

Erased was pretty good, it's a great begining anime. Though the ending felt really rushed.
Attempts were made.

Nikolai Baker

I finished watching Erased too, it so amazing

KyriakosCH

Cartesian geometry? What year is this, 1664?
At least there's no mention of Wallis  :=

The Promised Neverland is great, though, and the manga has some things not in the show.

WHAM

Got myself the DVD box of the first anime I ever watched: Trigun!
Time for some futuristic gunslinging nonsense and DONUTS!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

KyriakosCH

The trailer for the new season of Promised Neverland troubled me. Because (maybe it was intentional - wanted to leave virtually everything out of the trailer) the feel seems to be very different from season1, and more like some rpg.

https://youtu.be/esTm0x10HW4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk