Had to cancel my current AGS Project

Started by DBoyWheeler, Wed 21/10/2020 10:38:26

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I finally see I'm never going to finish my current AGS project (it was one of those games intended to be for, and about, a friend).

If I had people to help me, I would've finished this game years ago.  But it's not gonna be the case.

So (at least for now), I've decided to cancel the project.

Perhaps someday, I'll do another post in Recruitment, but for now, I need to move on.

milkanannan

Is there any way to trim the project and release a scaled down version? If you’ve put years into it, pretty sad to cancel it completely.

DBoyWheeler

I'd already scrapped it.  I've started it over about two years ago to try again.  And I posted in the Recruitment thread in the past, but no one would help me.

Olleh19

What's the project? You should try and post screenshots or some story maybe people get more hyped to help, who knows.

DBoyWheeler

Well, they weren't much to look at anyway.  I wanted to do the arts first before doing any coding, but even they were really crap.

Olleh19

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Wed 21/10/2020 11:52:20
Well, they weren't much to look at anyway.  I wanted to do the arts first before doing any coding, but even they were really crap.

Art is hard, it takes time and dedication. How many rooms and what type of art is it you are trying to do?
I can perhaps try come up with something

arj0n

You're talking about 'Sarimento on Hyperborean Island'?

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: arj0n on Wed 21/10/2020 14:43:28
You're talking about 'Sarimento on Hyperborean Island'?

That's the one.  If/when I start it up again, I'll show the pencilings of the characters and items... and maybe some rough sketches of the rooms.

[Add-on] If need be, I can get help from the Facebook page or from Discord.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk