BYO Hero

Started by splat44, Wed 23/09/2020 22:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

splat44

I encountered a bug possibly:

Spoiler
Hint, tell to find of pile of sticks under tree near frog. I look and click everywhere and cannot locate those
[close]

ToeKnee

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 23/09/2020 22:29:12

Spoiler
Hint, tell to find of pile of sticks under tree near frog. I look and click everywhere and cannot locate those
[close]

Thanks Splat.
Spoiler
Do you know if you had the BROOM HANDLE from the Castle Storeroom at the time? (Getting the Broom handle from the Storeroom is what triggers this next Hint)
[close]
If it’s not broken, let’s fix it till it is...!

splat44

Thank you but that hint came before:
Spoiler
Getting handle. While using handle on well and last thing for 2 coins, sticks show up
[close]

You might changing that so
Spoiler
hint sticks come later
[close]

Great game
Quote from: ToeKnee on Thu 24/09/2020 02:30:31
Quote from: splat44 on Wed 23/09/2020 22:29:12

Spoiler
[close]
Thanks Splat.
Spoiler
Do you know if you had the BROOM HANDLE from the Castle Storeroom at the time? (Getting the Broom handle from the Storeroom is what triggers this next Hint)
[close]

splat44

I also made other observation:

Spoiler
About branch for getting hair pin, according to hint it seem to indicate branch should near overpass (where I got bananas I think) but isn't here or no hotspot
[close]

Can you explain that?

heltenjon

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 25/09/2020 05:17:10

Spoiler
About branch for getting hair pin, according to hint it seem to indicate branch should near overpass (where I got bananas I think) but isn't here or no hotspot
[close]

Can you explain that?

You are looking in the wrong place. Read the spoiler if you don't want to search for it yourself.  ;)
Spoiler
The overpass is the gate-like structure just south of Abbey's platform/east of the cemetery entrance.
[close]

splat44

Great I figured walkway spoiler that another member provided.

There another confusion toward lock dragon gate:

Spoiler
Hint indicates dates on tombstones but I see written are years. One of contains full last year of death and remaining two them few digits are missing. Is there some reference to code found after getting flag, like left arrow to 2, right arrow to 5 and flag? It so then I fail to see what.
[close]

As you may see kids will be confuse.

Quote from: ToeKnee on Sun 27/09/2020 13:26:30
Quote from: splat44 on Fri 25/09/2020 05:17:10

Spoiler
[close]

Can you explain that?
Thanks SPLAT for your feedback. These things are quite easy to update in the game and I don't want anyone confused, especially kids!
- So I have made those updates based on your feedback - See items 1 and 6 below (worded on the devlog so that no one gets help from them as a spoiler)

Please see the updated version of the game at:
- https://byo-hero.itch.io/byo-hero/devlog/182095/updated-game-version-20200927hs

27/09/20: Updated Game Version 20.20.09.27.HS
- 01 Solved: Updated Sticks HINT Text description with ordering of two tasks to complete
- 02 Updated: Added HINT light bulb in Settings Screen and change it's status based on HINTS On/Off setting'
- 03 Updated: Changed MAP Inventory Graphic (new icon that also now says 'MAP' text under it)
- 04 Updated: Changed HINT wording for Beaver to replace text: him with her
- 05 Updated: Added POINTS for giving Beaver what she needs (Lowered other areas so total points remain the same)
- 06 Updated: Added term 'Walkway' to HINT that relates to it

heltenjon

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 30/09/2020 23:51:29

Spoiler
Hint indicates dates on tombstones but I see written are years. One of contains full last year of death and remaining two them few digits are missing. Is there some reference to code found after getting flag, like left arrow to 2, right arrow to 5 and flag? It so then I fail to see what.
[close]

These are late additions to make the game a little more challenging. There are a couple of puzzles near the end with more parent-mode difficulty level.
Dragon gate:
Spoiler
Try to manipulate the tombstones to get the full code.
Spoiler
The tombstone with the dragon on it!
[close]
Spoiler
Rub the moss covering the date.
[close]
[close]
After getting flag:
Spoiler
The left arrow to 2 etc. are hints for a later puzzle, but my daughter and I first suspected that they were hints for the dragon gate, just like you.
[close]

splat44

Ok, I suspect flag thing deals with:

Spoiler
left and right rope, but even after connect flag, clicking left rope to set 2 on left rope and 5 on right rope or visa versa, flag isn't in right height. Is there something I am missing?
[close]

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 01/10/2020 01:19:41

Spoiler
[close]

These are late additions to make the game a little more challenging. There are a couple of puzzles near the end with more parent-mode difficulty level.
Dragon gate:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
After getting flag:
Spoiler
The left arrow to 2 etc. are hints for a later puzzle, but my daughter and I first suspected that they were hints for the dragon gate, just like you.
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 01/10/2020 08:00:40

Spoiler
left and right rope, but even after connect flag, clicking left rope to set 2 on left rope and 5 on right rope or visa versa, flag isn't in right height. Is there something I am missing?
[close]

You are close.
Spoiler
The two numbers must be aligned - in the same height. You probably have one high up and the other further down on the screen. There is a way to manipulate this so that the numbers are closer or further apart. This is probably the most difficult puzzle in the game, but if I remember correctly, there are more in-game hints if you're stuck.
[close]

ToeKnee

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 01/10/2020 08:37:19

Spoiler
[close]

You are close.
Spoiler
The two numbers must be aligned - in the same height. You probably have one high up and the other further down on the screen. There is a way to manipulate this so that the numbers are closer or further apart. This is probably the most difficult puzzle in the game, but if I remember correctly, there are more in-game hints if you're stuck.
[close]

Thanks for fielding these questions Heltenjon!

It is an adventure game so I feel like it definitely needs a little bit of searching around, using some things together and thinking a little here and there, especially for the flag etc...

The NOTE on the wall behind the tapestry (we use as a FLAG) has a Flag Icon on it! and the hint helps you more. Where you need to connect this flag and raise it has the exact SAME numbers and Flag Icon for you to see, so I definitely don't want to make that even easier... I think it may end up being a very easy game of easy tasks and not an Adventure at all if this is taken too far!! :-)

Spoiler

FYI: If the flag is NOT aligned and you look up the top from across the river from the castle then you'll see the flag is NOT blowing in the wind properly as a result, and is at 'half mast' - since it is not 'aligned' to the right level yet for the wind to catch it. Once it is aligned you'll see it flapping in the wind nicely.... (alerting the guards)

Also, if hints are ON for this part (kids mode), then the 'Reset' lever does NOT need to be used' however if hints are off (ADULT / harder) then the reset lever MUST be used or the flag can never align (it can be used any time once the flag is connected and raised)
[close]

ToeKnee

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 01/10/2020 01:19:41

Spoiler
[close]

Dragon gate:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
After getting flag:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yes the Old Man actually TELLS you the name of the 'V.Illan' that locked up the Dragon, before she burnt him for taking her babies... hence the LOCK CODE is the year he set that lock (locked her up) - the year of his death! (which is on his tombstone!) :-)
[close]

splat44

Ok but:

Spoiler
hint seems to indicate 5 and 2 be used. I noted number positioned on right rope is higher and number positioned on left rope is lower and applies to all numbers regardless which ropes being clicked on
[close]

Hint is always on. I suspect that must some kind of bug

Quote from: ToeKnee on Fri 02/10/2020 03:40:34
Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 01/10/2020 08:37:19

Spoiler
[close]

You are close.
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for fielding these questions Heltenjon!

It is an adventure game so I feel like it definitely needs a little bit of searching around, using some things together and thinking a little here and there, especially for the flag etc...

The NOTE on the wall behind the tapestry (we use as a FLAG) has a Flag Icon on it! and the hint helps you more. Where you need to connect this flag and raise it has the exact SAME numbers and Flag Icon for you to see, so I definitely don't want to make that even easier... I think it may end up being a very easy game of easy tasks and not an Adventure at all if this is taken too far!! :-)

Spoiler

FYI: If the flag is NOT aligned and you look up the top from across the river from the castle then you'll see the flag is NOT blowing in the wind properly as a result, and is at 'half mast' - since it is not 'aligned' to the right level yet for the wind to catch it. Once it is aligned you'll see it flapping in the wind nicely.... (alerting the guards)

Also, if hints are ON for this part (kids mode), then the 'Reset' lever does NOT need to be used' however if hints are off (ADULT / harder) then the reset lever MUST be used or the flag can never align (it can be used any time once the flag is connected and raised)
[close]

ToeKnee

Hi Splat,

Quotehint seems to indicate 5 and 2 be used. I noted number positioned on right rope is higher and number positioned on left rope is lower and applies to all numbers regardless which ropes being clicked on

Yes, the alignment is ALWAYS required ...and both red number across lines must be perfectly lined up to the red line...

Spoiler

What you may not have noticed is that the LEFT rope slips when it it pulled down and it is at its bottom.... !!! you will see it goes up more than it went down.... pulling on it about 11 times therefore gets it set right at the red line and then pulling the right one will line up the 2 and 5.
That is in KIDS Mode...

In Adult mode (hints off) the START position of the rope is IN-BETWEEN slip positions so the RESET button MUST be used (anytime) to reset it to the same start position as kids mode > then of course the above slipping etc applies to solve this puzzle...
[close]
Cheers!!!
:-)

splat44

Based on your comment:

Spoiler
You mentioned "you will see it goes up more than it went down.... pulling on it about 11 times...", I presume you're talking about left rope?
[close]

My findings:

Spoiler
Yes, I notices left number goes slightly up more, however, after click left rope until the end and plus 11 times have no effect as even if I click on right rope 2 and 5 never align correctly
[close]

Anything else I am not doing correctly?
This puzzzle seems more random

Quote from: ToeKnee on Mon 05/10/2020 11:13:27
Hi Splat,

Quotehint seems to indicate 5 and 2 be used. I noted number positioned on right rope is higher and number positioned on left rope is lower and applies to all numbers regardless which ropes being clicked on

Yes, the alignment is ALWAYS required ...and both red number across lines must be perfectly lined up to the red line...

Spoiler

What you may not have noticed is that the LEFT rope slips when it it pulled down and it is at its bottom.... !!! you will see it goes up more than it went down.... pulling on it about 11 times therefore gets it set right at the red line and then pulling the right one will line up the 2 and 5.
That is in KIDS Mode...

In Adult mode (hints off) the START position of the rope is IN-BETWEEN slip positions so the RESET button MUST be used (anytime) to reset it to the same start position as kids mode > then of course the above slipping etc applies to solve this puzzle...
[close]
Cheers!!!
:-)

ToeKnee

Hi Splat,

Note that you should also be able to see HELP - every time you 'Look' at either of the ropes (several times)... there are additional more and more helpful messages revealed (about 5 different layers of hints) change and give you more and more help - and are meant to lead you to the solution...

The detailed instructions are as follows;
Spoiler

You may have noticed that the Ropes move a little more than one-full-cycle between numbers... that is the main thing to notice to solve this puzzle

Anyway, just in case you are stuck getting the flag on or something;
1. Click the RIGHT Flag to lower the rope and see the Flag Connector
2. Use your FLAG From Inventory on the RIGHT Rope connector to connect the Flag to the RIGHT rope
3. Click the RIGHT Rope again, to Raise the flag up and out of the hole

4. If HINTS are OFF then Press the 'R' Lever (To Reset the flag rope positions - you will see Position '1' on the LEFT Rope jump up a little )

Then you need to do these following steps to align the line with 5 and 2 (we work with 6 and 1)...
So, just RESET the ropes at any time... (Press the R Lever), then;

5. Click the LEFT Rope 5 times. You will then see the Left-Rope's '6' marker on the screen (a lot LOWER than you need) and the 1 marker on the RIGHT Rope
6. Click the LEFT Rope 11 more times until the Left-Rope's '6' marker exactly aligns on the Red Line (The 1 marker on the RIGHT Rope will be a little HIGH)
7. Click the RIGHT Rope once to Align the 5 on the left rope and the 2 on the right rope (Since the RIGHT rope will move a little more than a Full Number/Cycle)
[close]
Then, let me know how you go!
I have added extra help in the game now, to ensure people an keep looking even more and get more help since this puzzle is obviously harder than I thought people playing would be able to do.
Cheers,
T

splat44

Phew! I had no ideal that I could turn hint any time and yes providing more help will do

However, I definitely notice a bug:
Spoiler
After connecting flag, when clicking on same rope, number 6 remains in place but number 1 from left rope goes down and down until next number 2 from top reaches red line
[close]

Now I know this bug doesn't affect reset but you might making sure that all numbers remain same place when clicking on right rope

Quote from: ToeKnee on Tue 06/10/2020 07:31:22
Hi Splat,

Note that you should also be able to see HELP - every time you 'Look' at either of the ropes (several times)... there are additional more and more helpful messages revealed (about 5 different layers of hints) change and give you more and more help - and are meant to lead you to the solution...

The detailed instructions are as follows;
Spoiler

You may have noticed that the Ropes move a little more than one-full-cycle between numbers... that is the main thing to notice to solve this puzzle

Anyway, just in case you are stuck getting the flag on or something;
1. Click the RIGHT Flag to lower the rope and see the Flag Connector
2. Use your FLAG From Inventory on the RIGHT Rope connector to connect the Flag to the RIGHT rope
3. Click the RIGHT Rope again, to Raise the flag up and out of the hole

4. If HINTS are OFF then Press the 'R' Lever (To Reset the flag rope positions - you will see Position '1' on the LEFT Rope jump up a little )

Then you need to do these following steps to align the line with 5 and 2 (we work with 6 and 1)...
So, just RESET the ropes at any time... (Press the R Lever), then;

5. Click the LEFT Rope 5 times. You will then see the Left-Rope's '6' marker on the screen (a lot LOWER than you need) and the 1 marker on the RIGHT Rope
6. Click the LEFT Rope 11 more times until the Left-Rope's '6' marker exactly aligns on the Red Line (The 1 marker on the RIGHT Rope will be a little HIGH)
7. Click the RIGHT Rope once to Align the 5 on the left rope and the 2 on the right rope (Since the RIGHT rope will move a little more than a Full Number/Cycle)
[close]
Then, let me know how you go!
I have added extra help in the game now, to ensure people an keep looking even more and get more help since this puzzle is obviously harder than I thought people playing would be able to do.
Cheers,
T

ToeKnee

QuoteNow I know this bug doesn't affect reset but you might making sure that all numbers remain same place when clicking on right rope

Spoiler
Unfortunately that IS the actual puzzle!!... working out that one side slips more than the other in order to line up the numbers!
[close]

Cheers,
T

ToeKnee

Reminder that there are HINTS for every step in the game that you can turn ON under options for help if needed.
For further detailed HELP, please see he following;

1. There is a DEPENDENCY MAP available for this game that Maps out the full workflow.
Spoiler
[close]

2. There is also a detailed GAME (ROOM) MAP and WALKTHROUGH of all steps in the game;
Spoiler
[close]

Only look at these if you want to see all steps and actions and inventory items you require throughout the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk