Echidna Chwest - An Australian Odyssey

Started by jinglejingle, Thu 05/11/2020 09:31:26

Previous topic - Next topic

jinglejingle

Echidna Chwest - An Australian Odyssey

----

Hey guys! I recently finished my first game using AGS and wanted to share it. So here it is! It started out as a kind
of practice sketch but somewhere along the way I decided to finish it.
Its short, absurd and full of poorly aged Australian memes, it was super frustrating and fun putting it together.

Hope you have fun! I'd love any crits or feedback you have!

itch link: https://jinglejingle.itch.io/echidna-chwest

heltenjon

This looks fun. Downloaded!

Please consider adding the game to these pages' database as well. You can do that in the bottom right corner on the Games page -> https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/add/
That will make the game more visible to fellow AGS-ers.

jinglejingle

Thanks so much for the download!
I'll add it to the database now.

CaptainD

Congrats on releasing your very first game!   ;-D

Shadow1000

I played this. REALLY funny, short and fun. I hope to see more games like it

Cheers, mate

heltenjon

I agree with Shadow1000. Charming, short and funny. I'll admit to laughing out loud when the cat was aggressive.  (laugh)

But what is the voice saying all the time? Something about Shrimp and Bobby? Now off to vote on the games page!

EDIT: The game is marked as a commercial game on the games page, but it's not. (It's a name your own price game.)

Shadow1000

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 10/11/2020 02:31:29
I agree with Shadow1000. Charming, short and funny. I'll admit to laughing out loud when the cat was aggressive.  (laugh)

But what is the voice saying all the time? Something about Shrimp and Bobby? Now off to vote on the games page!

EDIT: The game is marked as a commercial game on the games page, but it's not. (It's a name your own price game.)

Shrimp on the barbie (BBQ) is an Australian meme. You can find it all over the place, including Paul Hogan ads for Australian tourism.

jinglejingle

Holy moly, thank you all so much for playing! It's super encouraging. :-D
The voice clip is indeed ripped from one of Paul Hogan's old tourism ads!

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 10/11/2020 02:31:29

Oops, shall correct now, thanks for letting me know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk