Zniw Adventure

Started by CrashPL, Fri 06/11/2020 21:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I just have to pop into the thread again to say what a lovely game this is!!  Thoroughly enjoying playing it with my kids.  The animation, puzzles and music are all wonderful - huge congratulations to Karolina, Lukasz and Denis!

As for my kids... I am not allowed to play the game without them, but APPARENTLY (I found out by chance) they are allowed to play it without me!!  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

It's nice to know where you are in the household hierarchic...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Click'd

I gave up playing it. If you ever make another game please don't listen to elitists who want their games to be hard and think that giving hints is for losers.

Also, the inventory limit sucks. Oh, the solution to this puzzle might be item X you dropped all the way across town because you thought something else was more important to carry around? Too bad, slowly walk back there to grab it.

CrashPL

I don't quite understand? :) There's plenty of hints scattered through the game, and the 'story so far' widget explicitly tells you what to do next. Many players have actually considered ZA to be very easy compared to other adventure titles.
Sorry you didn't like the limited inventory thing too - it was a design choice from the very beginning. Starting from 1.0.4 we actually patched it a little bit, with some items being removed or shuffled around, so it wouldn't be that much of a hassle anymore.

And speaking of updates, totally forgot to post it here - 1.1.0 features a nice little surprise for everyone, as we added a colourful, 41-pages long manual, featuring some unique artworks!

And finally I gotta say - the last two post-release months were pretty crazy for the both of us (sorry I wasn't very active here!), but man, we absolutely didn't expect to receive so much love and support. Thanks so much for everyone who gave our game a chance!  (nod)

(full view available here)

Monsieur OUXX

The inventory limit is a questionable choice indeed. It works in this game (to a certain extent) but I'd suggest maybe thinking twice in the next game.

splat44

I completed game even with inventory limit but we just have to remember where dropped some items, perhaps making dropped ones slightly bigger?

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 14/01/2021 16:57:42
The inventory limit is a questionable choice indeed. It works in this game (to a certain extent) but I'd suggest maybe thinking twice in the next game.

heltenjon

I am currently playing this and loving every minute. Excellent game so far. I'm looking forward to introducing my kids to this great world.

CrashPL

Hey, thanks so much for the kind words! :D

In other news, you can vote on Zniw Adventure, or many other excellent adventure games, in Adventure Gamer's 2020 Aggies Awards Reader Choice! If you enjoyed our dinosaur journey, consider dropping a vote! And be sure to nominate the AGS games too!

Additionally, if you like free stuff, head over to Steam to grab the full OST of the game as a free DLC to witness... er, hear the amazing job Problem and Pator did yourself! (warning, the track names might contain a little bit of spoilers, so proceed with caution ;))

CrashPL

Oh man, I'm absolutely stoked to see our game receive three AGS awards! Thanks so much for everyone who voted for our dino gal, as well as all other nominees and winners! What a great ceremony it was!

As for the upcoming 1.3.0 update... Well, if you followed my tech ramblings on the AGS Discord server, you pretty much know what's coming next. ;)

Kastchey

arj0n

Gratz, CrashPL. Well deserved.

CrashPL

Quote from: Kastchey on Sat 17/04/2021 23:15:04
Disk 1 of 570  (laugh)

;)
Anyway! It took a bit longer than I expected, but the 1.3.0 update hit the Steam this Saturday, along with the promised MacOS version!

CrashPL

A new update just dropped? Hah, about time!

If you played Zniw Adventure for more than 30 minutes on Steam, you might want to check your inventory, as the Steam Trading Cards/Items update went live this weekend! Fancy some dinosaurs on your Steam profile background? :-D

Cassiebsg

Good job! they look great as usual.

And a good thing they have names... that pink backpack took me a while to figure out what kind of animal it was... a pink panda? a Pikachu?  (laugh) Focus on the backpack, take the tan color and imagine it's the head, then the pockets are closed eyes... and the top, the hair?  (laugh)  (laugh) Oh, and Zniw's arm is the hear.  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Eon_Star

Looks great. I can play the demo first.  ;)

CaptainD

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 24/08/2021 15:46:46
If you played Zniw Adventure for more than 30 minutes on Steam, you might want to check your inventory, as the Steam Trading Cards/Items update went live this weekend! Fancy some dinosaurs on your Steam profile background? :-D

Ah, I did wonder how those had appeared!!  ;-D

Blondbraid

Aw, they're so cute!  ;-D

CrashPL

Wow, I can't believe it's been (almost) a year since I pressed that magical green "Release now!" button on Steam.

And since I like to start celebrating early, why not with a sale? That's right - if you still haven't played our pointy clicky dino adventure, now's the best time to do so! Zniw Adventure is available for 20% off on Steam, starting today through the November 8th!

Grab it here!

ToeKnee

Well done!!! You must feel really proud. Animations look fantastic. Can't wait to play. Hope you reap rewards for your time too!!!
If it’s not broken, let’s fix it till it is...!

CrashPL

There's nothing stopping these dinosaurs! ...Well, maybe an asteroid or two, but that's beyond the point.

Anyway, I'm super excited to announce Zniw Adventure is now available at GOG as well! And a complete package too - including optional Galaxy achievements, soundtrack (both FLAC and MP3), all manuals and some hi-res official artworks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk