Tiny Houses

Started by eri0o, Sun 08/11/2020 00:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

This has nothing to do with games or anything, but it's something that recently I got some interest. I was looking into decoration and things that are interesting to pull inside of a house and google images kept me showing some really neat small kitchens and after adding them in my image list of things to look into, I decided to look from which houses these neat little kitchens were coming from, I discovered they were from tiny houses and went looking into them and this was a huge spiral in a bubble that had been invisible to me.

After looking into these tiny houses obsessively, I don't think I would have one but I found a very interesting YouTube channel that has some diverse tiny houses that was fun to watch, and I decided to share here to see if someone else find this cool. I am picking my favorite three houses - they don't produce the most interesting episodes necessarily but the houses are very cool.

The Earthship

Spoiler
[close]

This one I thought it was terrible at first but as the dude who built explained all the little tricks the house pulls it, I really admired it! I think the house looks like something from Tatooine. The inside feels super relaxing, the floor feels good to lay down. And also has a good bathroom!

The Modern Yurt

Spoiler
[close]

This one is a yurt. The young guy who did the design and build is super impressive, I found that he really did a good design and built something usable. I can totally see this as something you can rent for an escape on AirBnB, with a bit more things on the outside or depending where it's located.

The Black House

Spoiler
[close]

This is one I would actually live. It's not as tiny and has a real bathroom toilet which is super rare in a lot of builds. I loved the "outdoor" cat run to get the cats be able to walk out of the house!

Overall I liked that these are small so you can easily pickup the design of the whole house and the interesting ideas are condensed in a way you can quickly pick them up and mentally make notes of the things that are interesting or usable to repurposed at home.

Is one else here interested in these little houses? Have you seen any cool designs? Please share!

Cassiebsg

I knew about tiny houses, and they do fascinate me... but probably it's no surprise.  ;)

Though, they are small houses, I wouldn't call them tiny, seen others that are much smaller than those. Still, lovely to see.
Doubt I could live in such a small house though. As a vacation home, yes, but everyday...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 08/11/2020 22:58:00
Doubt I could live in such a small house though. As a vacation home, yes, but everyday...

I live in a small house with my wife. Mostly it is okay but when we have a "disagreement" I generally go out for a ride on my bicycle for 8 hours or so. By the time I get home she has also realized that the fight can't continue without major inconvenience so everything is basically back to normal.

This is a perfectly healthy way to deal with such issues, right?

Cassiebsg

I prefer to no argue at all, since there's no point.

If one has to raise ones voice to be heard, it's not worth it. Nothing good will ever come out of such a way of discussion. If we can't talk the issue over in a calm and respectful way, I will not be part of the "discussion".  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mouth for war

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 09/11/2020 10:07:52
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 08/11/2020 22:58:00

I live in a small house with my wife. Mostly it is okay but when we have a "disagreement" I generally go out for a ride on my bicycle for 8 hours or so. By the time I get home she has also realized that the fight can't continue without major inconvenience so everything is basically back to normal.

This is a perfectly healthy way to deal with such issues, right?

Only Chuck Norris can win an argument with his wife. You did the right thing :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Fri 20/11/2020 09:42:40
Only Not even Chuck Norris can win an argument with his wife. You did the right thing :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk