Game correction - The Book of Spells

Started by Kitty Trouble, Sun 08/11/2020 15:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

heltenjon

I've posted similar corrections as comments on the game page. Should they rather be posted here?

Stupot

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 08/11/2020 16:52:21
I've posted similar corrections as comments on the game page. Should they rather be posted here?
There is actually something you can click on on the games’ page to report broken links.

heltenjon

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 09/11/2020 03:53:09
Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 08/11/2020 16:52:21
There is actually something you can click on on the games’ page to report broken links.

I know. But there's no option to give the correct link. I'm of two minds whether the broken link should be reported if I've found a working link (typically the AGS depository). It would be sad if someone avoided the game because it was marked with a broken link, when there actually is a possible download option. By giving it in the comment section, I reckon it would be visible to anyone checking out the game's page.

On the other hand, I get that opening up for normal AGS-ers the option to change the download link could lead to all kinds of trouble and errors, so I'm not arguing for that. But if a broken link today has to be verified by a mod, then perhaps something similar could be done for giving a working link.

cat

I'm sorry I have not addressed this issue yet. Due to private commitments I currently don't have much time for the forums.

I think the best way is to make a thread where to report broken links and where to find them so someone with permission can fix the DB entry.

AGA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk