Author Topic: Nightmare Frames (Demo on STEAM)  (Read 4914 times)

Re: Nightmare Frames
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2021, 11:57 »
Thank you to all!
Here's a pic of a bunch of characters for the first act (Hollywood):

One of the most gratifying things when developing the game is that having a template for the sprites for the characters, there are no limits to implement them. Not only the key characters, but people who pass by on the street, extras, etc. It's easy and fun!

The guy with his brain exposed, Is that an actual zombie or just an actor in makeup portraying a zombie? :grin:

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jul 2021, 15:00 »
I don't want to spoil anything, but... yes, you're right! ;)

« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2021, 12:19 »
Tell me, is this poster your final decision?
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2021, 13:25 by Behis1995 »

Re: Nightmare Frames (Demo on STEAM)
« Reply #24 on: 02 Oct 2021, 04:40 »
Something that may wish to consider is allowing the user to access the menu system using the escape key. Also sometimes the text changed before I could read it all so you might want to add an option to require a key press to advance it.

« Reply #25 on: 02 Oct 2021, 07:42 »
I don't usually implement a key to access the menu, but I can do it for the final game.
There is an option in the main menu (Text Speed: Fast/Slow) so that the text does not advance unless you click on it.

« Reply #26 on: 02 Oct 2021, 16:40 »
Thanks for that info. You may want to make slow the default as there was some dialog in the opening scene at the start of the game that I missed.

« Reply #27 on: 03 Oct 2021, 13:07 »
I just played the demo and I liked it. I wanted to give some feedback, because as a passive-only social media user (I read, but don't have accounts), I can't comment on Twitter. (Why don't game developers use good old e-mail these days?) I wanted to ask to include a windowed mode option. It's OK anyway because alt-enter works in this game (in many games it doesn't), but it would be simpler to have the option in the settings menu.
And second - are you considering more language options? Because I thought that I'd like to translate it to Polish... You can send me a PM if you are interested.

« Reply #28 on: 05 Oct 2021, 22:37 »
Thanks for playing the demo, Nowhere Girl!
The button for Fullscreen Yes/no it will be added in the final game. It was on the to-do list.
And for the translation, there are no plans to add more languages by now. But I'll keep you in mind if the situation changes and thanks for the offer!

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #29 on: 06 Oct 2021, 10:06 »
I enjoyed the demo (though it is way too short and just a glimpse into the story) and longplayed it

« Reply #30 on: 09 Oct 2021, 05:23 »
Yasssss, I've had this one wishlisted & now I get to try out the demo!  I've been eyeballing this one...can't wait!!!

« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2021, 10:06 »
I really liked the demo and I am looking forward to the full game when it comes out.

« Reply #32 on: 09 Jan 2022, 11:31 »
I've just finished the demo and it looks very good. You've put a lot of effort in the small details (like the wonderful movie posters) and created a great atmosphere. I love how historical facts and persons and fictional events intertwine in your game. Nice graphics and very good use of music in a strange story that's set in the 80ies. I am thrilled to find out how the story evolves.

Spoiler: ShowHide
The movie-within-a-movie beginning is a fun start for your game, I really enjoyed this and wish I could have  played longer as a character of 'Lunatic II'.